• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI X79A GD65-8D Locked at 1200mhz 91c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

teitenair

I know this has been written before but it's mostly about getting past the cold bug to get to 5ghz. My issue is just trying to OC past an x35 ratio. I'm using the latest beta bios 1.4b3 and i clear cmos but I can only go as high as x35 ratio (3500mhz) on my 3930k cpu. All the settings are untouched cept the ratio and the memory set to 1600mhz.....any higher oc on the ratio or the bus, once i get into the os, the cpu will lock down to 1200mhz and 91c everytime, no matter what I do. ....MSI isn't being much help, telling me that if they can overclock THEIR 3930k to 4ghz that I should be able to OC mine to 4ghz :facepalm: .....just wondering if I should just wait for a new bios fix or RMA the cpu or board. The OC Genie does the same thing as well, OC to 4ghz but I get the same lockdown once I get to the OS

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
corsair ax1200 psu
32gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-27
2x gtx 580
h100 cooler on max with 7 noctua case fans
raid0 2xvertex 3

Theocnoob

I know this has been written before but it's mostly about getting past the cold bug to get to 5ghz. My issue is just trying to OC past an x35 ratio. I'm using the latest beta bios 1.4b3 and i clear cmos but I can only go as high as x35 ratio (3500mhz) on my 3930k cpu. All the settings are untouched cept the ratio and the memory set to 1600mhz.....any higher oc on the ratio or the bus, once i get into the os, the cpu will lock down to 1200mhz and 91c everytime, no matter what I do. ....MSI isn't being much help, telling me that if they can overclock THEIR 3930k to 4ghz that I should be able to OC mine to 4ghz :facepalm: .....just wondering if I should just wait for a new bios fix or RMA the cpu or board. The OC Genie does the same thing as well, OC to 4ghz but I get the same lockdown once I get to the OS

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
corsair ax1200 psu
32gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-27
2x gtx 580
h100 cooler on max with 7 noctua case fans
raid0 2xvertex 3

What cold bug are you referring to if you are not under LN2?

OP
T

teitenair

What cold bug are you referring to if you are not under LN2?

Other people who are having the similar problem who ARE using LN2 who get the 1200mhz and 91c bug...I don't relate to them cause i'm only on water...Which is another question, If i'm not using LN2 does it make a difference if I leave on the LN2 jumpers(both of em)? Also i'm a little confused on the Jbat1 (clear cmos) jumper. In the manual it says if its on, you clear the cmos, but the mobo was shipped with it on. Just wondering if it matters if it's on or if it's meant to just short out the battery or something lol, Or would it be better if i took it off? Sorry for leading away from my main problem.

OP
T

teitenair

MSI just replied back saying it's cause of faulty CPUS....how convenient for them. Guess I'll RMA the cpu if no knows a workaround.....If it still gives me the issue i'll probably switch to an asus board.