• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSN Mesanger............

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheFrag

Hey, anybody know what ports MSN Messanger uses to transfer files cuz my firewall is blocking it. I know this prolly goes in Other Software, but i dont have the time to post it there, noboy really looks there and I need to know fast

here ya go

quote from microsoft site:

To enable voice communications, make sure that outgoing TCP connections from port 6901 are enabled. Also enable UDP packets where either the source or the destination port is 6901.

To enable file transfers, enable both incoming and outgoing TCP connections to the 6891-6900 range of TCP ports. This allows each sender to perform up to 10 simultaneous file transfers. Note that if only TCP port 6891 is open, users are only able to perform one file transfer at a time.

To enable messaging, enable outgoing TCP connections to TCP port 1863.

o, thnx a lot. How did this get posted here, i didnt mean to..................DANANNA!

Back