• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multiple Displays

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gusgizmo

Disabled
I just installed redhat linux 9, and it recognizes both my video cards. How do I expand my desktop onto the second display?

edit: im using the KDE desktop

Last edited:
thank you, it works great now! linux is pretty nice, i just gotta keep going and finish configuring it. is samba the main network sharing program between linux machines, or does something else do that. i'm going ahead with becoming 100% linux, so will it be useful on a pure linux network?

oh yeah, now that i think of it, is there a good guide on setting up several linux machines in a network with a pool of users? i want to make a server, and set it up like a domain so i can login and access my files from any machine with the same username. i hope you can guess what i mean, or what would be best for me.

Samba is your best route for setting up a pdc. Linux can use nfs, but it's not nearly as capable and evolved as samba imo. There are a mountain of how-to's out there. Just do a search for configuring samba as domain controller. I'd suggest getting 3.0 as well - lot's of improvements.

ok, im learning alot every day. first thing i have to do now is get internet into my linux machines, and ill deal with everything else later. thank you for the help!

Back