• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multipliers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seren

I have a 1700b dlt3c default voltage 1.5 multiplier 11, the question is can I lower the mutiplier to 10 etc to achieve higher fsb or can you only raise them? new to this O/C I have been higher than 11, also max voltage? thanks.

OCn00b

You can lower the multi as low as your bios will let you. Lower multi's will give you a better fsb overclock but some chips like high multipliers so you might need to play around with it to get the best overclock. For the vcore, on the dlt3c's if I remember right, I think around 1.8 is about the most they like.

tediber

careful with the voltage though as these chips are high "current" chips .... a little voltage can be a killer ..... if you have ample cooling .... they can take the high voltage

OP
seren

seren

I have an sk7 cooler with ystech fan, my temps @ 195 fsb are 39c after running memtest and 3d benchmark, but when I increas the mults I get errors in memtest, so I thought I would try lower mults just to see what fsb I can get to, I have an sl-75frn2-l I am new to this and did not want to wreck it by going to low or to high with voltage, thanks.

OP
seren

seren

Thanks for the reply, glad you like the cooler:D this is my first AMD and my first go at O/C and got to 2,305mhz tonight 200 fsb x 11.5 2.7 vdimm 6 3 3 2 ocz 3200 1.625 cpu temp 39c after memtest and 3d benchmark score 11,440 ti4200 [email protected]
been trying over tha last few days but have had some problems with the memory seems ok now.

I am running in dual channel and in sync ocz tech support recomended the timmings they sat that's what it should be??? have O/C an intel before but this is different, thanks again.

tediber

timings are timings .... intel or AMD ..... it's about how much your parts can give you =). ram or cpu. very nice OC there. what stepping/week is your cpu? my 0308XPMW does 2.3ghz but a little above 1.7volts ..... 2.4ghz above 1.8volts