• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin PC3500 lvl.2 --- PLEASE HELP ME!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sp00L said:
For 2-2-2-6-8, you will probably need 3.0 vdimm at 230. Which the board doesn't supply stock.

:( hmm, please tell me, when I will do Vdimm mod on my board(P4C800-E), and memories or board will crashed, can I remove the modd from the board to save my warranty? Or when I will crash my RAMs, can Mushkin identify that I was be over the vdimm limit for the warranty?

You can use smd grabbers so that the mod can come off without Asus knowing and it won't void your warranty. However, memory companies can tell if memory dies from high volts. The Mushkins are rated at only 2.75 vdimm and probably would be covered up to 2.85 vdimm. If you don't want to void your warranty I would suggest OCZ as they usually warranty up to 3.0 - 3.1 vdimm. To save your warranty you will have to use the looser timings of 2-3-3-7 to get it to run at 230. It's what I had to do before I did the vdimm mod. Or you could get some pc3700 like the OCZ PC3700 Gold which runs at higher speeds with less volts but is rated at CAS 2.5.

I don't know why memory companies don't make good tight timing low voltage memory. Overclocking is always a series of tradeoff's. Make the choices that best suit you. Remember, even if u settle for 225 at the lower voltage, you will still have a good overclock and it will be faster than most stock machines and certainly faster than anything Dell makes.

That's the exact same thread I used to mod my board. However, read the post by climbski on page 2 dated 10/12/03 at 2pm. He quotes the picture as being for the P4P and not the P4C. On the P4C, the chip (LM358) you clip the wire to is upside down and he tells which pin to use on the P4C800-E. Inside of soldering the wire, you use the smd grabber that is shown earlier in the thread. Connect this pin to the middle leg of a 50K Ohm potentiometer then connect one of the other 2 legs (doesn't matter which one as they are both ground) to a wire and put it to a mobo screw for ground. The picture uses a fan header to do the same connection to ground. I soldered mine because I didn't want to wait to order the smd grabbers.

All the information you need is in that post. My Mushkins need 3.0 volts for 230 and my OCZ 3500 Platinums need 3.2 volts to do 230. Both at 2-2-2-5 and both are 2x512.

The only other option I would suggest is the Abit AI7 which has working vdimm up to 3.2 volts and doesn't need modifications.

Personally the Mushkins run better than my OCZ because they need less voltage, thus don't get as hot. With the OCZ's I run 225 at 3.0 volts 2-2-3-6.

sp00L: many, many thanks! I am interest in ASUS boards, so I will to do the Vdimm mod!(on next weekend). Now Iam looking, on your signature, that you have "vcore "droop" modded".? What´s this? (I know, that when is P4 in load, Vcore is drooped down...)

Your English is just fine, no worries :) Here's a link to my post after doing the droop mod:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=253940&highlight=droop+mod

Personally, if vcore isn't holding you back, don't risk this mod. It was difficult. Also, on the Asus boards 1.6-1.7 vcore doesn't really work as it drops back to 1.50 under load. First, get your system with your memory running the way you like then try the droop mod. It only netted me another 100MHz overclock, before I was stuck at 225 FSB for 3.6GHz. The vdimm mod gave me tight timings which is way faster than a mere 100MHz.

whooh, its too small fro me..(difficult :)) :-(

PLs, can you post me some photo/video/link from your Vdimm modd on ASUS P4C800-E ?

Iam not proffesional, and I must be sure very precise, what must I do ..

And sorry, I must ask you again: Can I remove succesfuly the Vdimm mod if i must do to make a claim on my board?

The best pictures I can offer are in the thread in the sticky about the vdimm mod. Sorry. Yes, use what they call "smd grabbers". These are clips that hook to the motherboard and are easily removed.

one question: I would to use SMD grabbers... Can I use any grabber, which I found, or must I use some specific? (which?)

Back