• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CSMRaider

I'm about to build a new computer and I need some advice on good overclocking memory.

Athlon XP 2500+ (unlocked)
DFI LanParty NF2 Ultra B
Enermax EG465P-VE 460W
WD 36.7 Gb Raptor
ATI Radeon 9800np

I'll go 2x512. I was planning on getting Kingston 3200 HyperX, then looked at the pricer corsair. After reading around here, it seems that Mushkin seems to be the best thing right now.

Any advice? Thanks in advance. :)

Mushkin would be the choice (if you can afford it)
Anyway, I would recommend doing some reading here . I am not sure, but I might have read something about dfi mobos having issues wiht Mushkin sometimes.
I have the same mobo, working great with a couple of 256 xms 3200.

i havent heard anything bad about mushkin ram. i only hear good stuff about it, like, that it is the best out there you can get

I am running 1 gig (2 x 512) of PC3500 Level II on a NF7-S and can't say enough about it. I have always had either Mushkiin or OCZ and both have been excellent memory. I just decided to go with the Level II on this system. OCZ Platinum Limited Edition would also be an excellent choice.

Guys, don't get me wrong. Mushkin Level 2 is a great memory. However, the guy has a DFI Lanparty Ultra B Mobo.
There are known issues between DFI Infinity and Mushkin Level 2 PC3500 (Lanparty is an identical board basically, with more goodies and UV sensitive stuff :p) link
So it's a "hit or miss", because also the best ocing results of the Lanparty UB where possible using BH5 chips...

If you don't wanna read the hole thread on the AMDMB forum (DFI has separate section there, and it's represented by AngryGames), here is what I am talking about. It was written by AG three days ago

"Mushkin has RAM in our lab now for verification and testing purposes. It should be delivered to Taiwan lab this afternoon, and then it will take up to a week for the verification process to be completed. Mushkin has just finished testing various modules on our boards in their own lab, and will have a link for me very soon as to the results of the testing."

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice, after reading through Cornel's link, I don't think I'll be going wih Mushkin, probably either OCZ or corsair after I do some more reading on the Amdmb forums.

I believe the Mushkin issues were resolved in Okar_Wu's beta 12/10 bios ? I hope so as my DFI is on the way next week and I am using level II myself ..

My post was just a signal to do your homework really well before buying. Since I am a Corsair owner, I didn't pay to much attention to that thread. I just knew the compatibility issues exist and that's all. It might very well be solved with the 12/10 bios, in which case Mushkin is definetely a option to be considered.

Back