• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Music interuption and fast mouse wheel scrolling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

For the last week Ive been getting a brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when im listening to music and I scroll fast with the mouse wheel.It actually makes the music studder like that.

This happens with mp3's or cd's.Anyone know whats going on?

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

Yeah Im sure,It just started too. Weird.
I tried alot of different media players lately. Might that have something to do with it? I have noticed some audible "clicking" on mp3's also.

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

Cpu usage goes through the roof when scrolling! Ill try using the ps2 connecter instead of the usb and see if that works.

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

It must have been something with the Audigy LS cause I took it out and the problem went away with the onboard sound.

Buhammot

I had always thought the PS2 was more cpu intensive than the USB? But somehow, you are getting some amount of interference, but how you are getting it only through the Audigy... dunno

OP
stratcatprowlin

stratcatprowlin

I used driver cleaner to get out creatives stuff and installed windows generic drivers and all my problems went away! whoo hoo!

magick_man

Forum Magician
i have about tha same problem, when i use the scroll wheel on my wireless mouse or my corded mouse i hear this clicking coming from inside my case.
it isnt the soundcard bc i use the creative usb external card
and it is real quiet so that is just confusing to me

glad you fixed your problem though

~Magick_Man~