• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Music that goes to the beat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I didn't know where else to put this question. I'm looking for a program that makes visuals that react to the music/beat. I remember playstation one had something where you put in an audio disc and it would create visuals for the music. Anyone know of such a thing for the pc?

On the Now Playing screen right click>Visualizations> A sub menu comes up with a menu of different visualizations. Battery has the most.:thup:

WMP is nice-ish but why not continue to use Winamp ? you can still download it from the website and there's literally hundreds of plugins you can use.

I have Winamp for a couple internet radio stations but I didn't know they did full screen visualizations like WMP. I use WMP for music because I think it sounds better than the other programs I've tried. Foobar completely fubared my music files once and I didn't care for the sound quality so I just stuck with WMP. (which also seems to have a helluva time not screwing things up)

I'm lucky then only problem i ever had was iTunes deciding it needed to "re-organize" my music library once. Result: every single mp3 i had got the wrong name and ID3 tag... worst software i ever used and has been for many years now, hard to use and takes up a ridiculous amount of space. Even with an iPhone i always recommend 3rd party programs instead of installing this piece of crap software.

I never used iTunes. Or mp3s. My music files have suffered some losses with a HDD issue a while back, but I still have 47+ GB of FLAC and WMA lossless music files.

Difference between MP3 320kbps and FLAC isn't noticeable to an average person unless you have REALLY good audio gear ? same as DVD/Blu-ray, i would rather have a 2gb-3gb x265 with roughly the same perceived quality then an insane 12gb+ per movie on my HDD's :shrug:

REALLY good audio gear

:D That's my take on it. My Paradigm speakers are merciless with detail, good and bad. Audio was my love long before I owned my first computer. Driven by the Class A magic of a big Marantz amp. My SACD/CD player sounds way better than my motherboard does. Sometimes I burn a CD or two (black Sonys are my favorites) for serious listening. Or just because I want to hear more of what my speakers are capable of. The only difference between this http://www.stereophile.com/hirezplayers/1007mar/index.html#oiH8Ul9vsMZbffEY.97 and mine is the one reviewed doesn't have 5.1 support, the original SA 8260 (mine does).

The author of this review owns the v. 3 Studio 60, same as me.

View attachment STEREOPHILE_Studio60_Review.pdf

Back