• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

must get more!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

so many choices

Hey guys i have an abit kt7a motherbard with an athlon [email protected] and generic ram. I'm trying to figure out if this is the max my processor will do. Anything above 12.0x135 and everything becomes unstable. Even at 12.5x125 i get unstable. Is there something wrong with setting the multiplier above 12.0? I have tried putting an air conditioner on the side of my computer getting my cpu temp to 38c, but again, anything above 1620 or multiplier above 12.0 my system doesn't like no matter what temp. I have also tried doing a voltage mod on my previous board (may she rest in peace:( )and she still didnt like anything above 1620. I'm thinking about doing the mod on my abit but I dont want to do it if I'm not gonna get any results.

What do you guys think, should i keep on pushing her? Is there anything else that I could do?

No doubtedly you guys are more experienced in this than me so I'm sure you guys could get more out of her, but you guys think I should just count my losses and give up before I kill another motherboard?

David

Forums Super Moderator
Looks like the CPU has reached its limit. [email protected] is a respectable overclock, you are reaching the limits of the Thunderbird core at that speed. I would try default FSB (133) and a 12.5 multiplier. See if that works, although I think the CPU isn't going to get much farther.

Flamed_Chip

try increasing your i/o voltage to see if it is your generic RAM, push the fsb up a little bit higher than you have it now, but keep the 12 multiplier and see if you can get it faster with a higher i/o voltage

Fiz

You have probably hit "the wall" with that proc. You could do a Vdom, but the returns will not really outweigh the effort. To get much higher you are probably going to have to get into some heavy duty cooling to really see some more improvements. I would wait til the T-Breds come out and see what those can do.

Fiz