• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2 Black Screen????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

I installed mw2 onto my system after the installation i started up mw2 multiplayer and all i got was a black screen i could not enter taskmanager the only way i could get around it was to restart i have tried a fresh installation but still have the problem,

any ideas?

Cuiiey

Are all your drivers up to date? Maybe it was steam that was malfunctioning. Did the single player work fine though? My advice, check everything is functioning normally, up to date drivers... that sort of stuff and that steam is working. And reinstall. :)

Also if that doesn't work, call up Activision and see if they can give you a fix or replace a faulty game for you

jmh547

Is MW2 allowed in your firewall? I had a similar problem when I first installed the game and zonealarm blocked it.

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

Single player does the same thing, my drivers are all up to date, i had it on my system windows xp pro 64bit i upgraded to windows 7 and this is when i have started getting the problem before that it was fine.

hajalie24

Maybe it set the resolution too high? Go to the players folder in Steam/SteamApps/Common/Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and open config.cfg. Try to find "1"
seta r_mode" and the resolution should be next to it.

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

Maybe it set the resolution too high? Go to the players folder in Steam/SteamApps/Common/Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and open config.cfg. Try to find "1"
seta r_mode" and the resolution should be next to it.

I could not find the config file checked in main/miles/redist/zone, nothing?

OP
Woodzy

Woodzy

I done another fresh installation off disks and it is working fine this time, thanks for your replys:salute: