• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MW2 hacked some more.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Oh happy day... To find out... and prove... and DISCLOSE all that future DLC on the disc you already paid for...

It's just a thing of beauty. :D

Theocnoob

pure idiocy, laziness, and stupidity.
IW, Activision, Blizzard... Not happy with you guys.
Call of Duty games by Infinity Ward were always great. Treyarch's didn't do it for me.

To hide something like this on a disk or leave it as garbage- or omit a console... on a PC game. I mean, why?

Don't they know somebody out there is smart enough to make their own console?

Jawsome

I swear to god Infinity Ward have to be some of the laziest a-holes in the history of the gaming industry. I'm glad that I did not buy this game and support this kind of business model. It's even worse than we could have possibly anticipated guys. PC gamers are getting double stuffed, and I'm not talking about no Oreo.

rainless

Old Member
I swear to god Infinity Ward have to be some of the laziest a-holes in the history of the gaming industry. I'm glad that I did not buy this game and support this kind of business model. It's even worse than we could have possibly anticipated guys. PC gamers are getting double stuffed, and I'm not talking about no Oreo.

It's not worse than *I* anticipated.

Ever since I saw they were charging $60 for the damned game, I told everyone who would listen that it would NEVER stop there.

And it won't.

I kept saying over and over again: "It's not JUST ten dollars..."

It's not. The ten dollars was just a test to see how far they could go. And they're just going to keep going further.

It's not even what I *think* is going to happen... it's what's happening.

Jawsome

It's not worse than *I* anticipated.

Ever since I saw they were charging $60 for the damned game, I told everyone who would listen that it would NEVER stop there.

And it won't.

I kept saying over and over again: "It's not JUST ten dollars..."

It's not. The ten dollars was just a test to see how far they could go. And they're just going to keep going further.

It's not even what I *think* is going to happen... it's what's happening.

Well, I mean it's easy to say that now, I think most people realized once IWNet was announced that there was the potential for DLC.

rainless

Old Member
Well, I mean it's easy to say that now, I think most people realized once IWNet was announced that there was the potential for DLC.

Well of course there was going to be DLC... there was DLC for COD4.

MY point was it doesn't stop at DLC, it doesn't stop at an extra $10 for no reason...

My point is it doesn't stop. PERIOD.

Next on the agenda, as explained by activision's CEO... is to have gamers pay a monthly fee to play Modern Warefare.

After that? The sky's the limit.

Neural Net

It's already been done. It's called Xbox Live.

What's funny is that this will not work on the PC. GFWL was originally a pay to play service just like XBL and it tanked, HARD. If IW and Activision (in their arrogance) think that they can charge monthly for the crap that is MW2 online, they are going to have a tough wake up call.

Do they want to charge this on the consoles as well, or just PC? Xbox owners won't pay more fees for online pay on top of XBL.

To be perfectly honest, I hope Activision/IW try to push it as far as they can, fail miserably and go bankrupt.

Last edited:

Janus67

Benching Team Leader
Wow, those game types are pretty stupid too. I really hope that they were just tested and didn't make it into the final game.

Hardin

I'm really surprised IW has taken this direction to such an extreme. I mean I knew that cod4 pc sales weren't as high as the console versions, but to do this is just plain insulting. At this point it probably would have been better to make it a console only game. They obviously don't care about the pc anymore, but that's fine with me I can play Dragon Age: Origins which is actually way better than the console versions.

The nuke game seems pretty silly, but one flag and vip are actually pretty common. I love playing the gears 2 vip. I'm not a big fan of one flag, but I've played it a lot in Halo 3.

Neural Net

It was my understanding that they want to charge everyone.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

There are too many barriers for that to become reality on any console or windows. They're not satisfied with the biggest entertainment release of all time? Such greed is disgusting, an ugly human trait that shouldn't be tolerated, IMO. Ugh. :rain:

BenF

Wow, those game types are pretty stupid too. I really hope that they were just tested and didn't make it into the final game.

I read the full post in the link and I thought the same thing. Those gametypes seems dumb. I have a feeling that those were tested gametypes that weren't included in the final game. I'm thinking that the DLC will be map packs just like was done on xbox with cod5.