• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 1700 DUT3C 312

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

finally got this baby up, have had this chip since last weds but my RMA'D epox board just came last night.

I was cruising around at 2160mhz @1.725 earlier this morning but backed it down to 1980mhz @1.7v

my goal is 2400mhz but im limited to 23xxmhz because my vid card or northbridge (not sure) can only handle 188-190mhz and i can only use up to 12.5x for the moment. Im not sure if i wanna make it a 12.5+ multi chip though

anyway im sitting at 49C load with my maze 2, wish it was cooler but its better than my pally at 53C and 1.8ghz

so in conclusion if i only run the chip at 2.0ghz it was worth the $43 i paid for it from newegg

modenaf1

they make week 12's in DUT3C?

$43 isnt that much considering i payed 75 at excaliber. 2.0 is still a good o/c. if your pci is getting out of spec, thats what looks like is happening, you can still raise your multi because i think your fsb is maxed out but the chip can still go further. does the baord not support the 5th bit fid? you cant get the higher multis?

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

nope my epox 8k3a goes 12x 13x(12.5 when i set it to it) and then 14x but that sets my chip to 6x didn't try anything higher...

im cruising along at 2.1ghz @1.7v folding passed enough prime for me to consider it stable...

yeah when i set it to 190 the screen goes all funkish it does it with both my GF2 mx200 and my GF3 Ti200...

J2T

I have the same chip demon-eater. Of course I bought mine when it was $50 shipped. :) Im running mine along at 170X12.5 @ 2125 with 1.7v. Still a good OC in my opinion. I havent tried to push it any further just yet.

OP
demon-eater

demon-eater

J2T how hot does yours run?

I have not been paying any attention to the overclocking scene in the past 6 months, so im unfamiliar with what the normal is on these B's. Don't get me wrong ive been paying enough attention to realize whats going on just haven't spent any money until 2wks ago for this chip.

I found more important things to spend my money on: 1 maintaining my car, 2 turning up the boost more on my turbo charged vehicle, and 3 fixing the stuff i break by putting 220WTq and 190Whp on the ground over the 175 crankHP and 200 crankTq #'s. while im still only running 14psi and my goal is 26psi.

turbododge.com

I though we had some crazy people here, those guys are nuts but by golly making my car faster than Rustang and Maro's while still getting 41MPG highway sure is FUN! not to mention shortly vette's will have a very hard time shaking me...

lol listen to me ramble on and on, hijacking my own thread!:D

OCn00b

21xx mhz is a good oc for a DUT3C. Most seem to be averaging between 2.0-2.1 ghz. I'm pretty sure you're not going to hit your 2400mhz goal with that chip though. For 2.4ghz you're going to need a DLT3C.

e laursen

Folding for Mom
I have the same chip (newegg, $43). I am running the once infamous Alpha PEP66 on it and getting 2.0 stable. I have run it as high as 2.2GHz, but for some reason, it isn't loading windows stable at that speed anymore. With a good heatsink, you should get 2.2 no problem. I will be ordering an SLK800U soon.

Good luck.

S14SR

Registered
I bought my chip from new egg, for $42 (got it this past friday), I run stable 2.5GHz @ Vcore 1.800, but it gets little too hot 44-45idle - 50load, so I backed out to 2.3GHz and it runs nice and cool at 36idle :)
Newegg rocks!