• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 1700 tbred B has no pits!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

timmy

Registered
between the bridges there are no pits and i wanna mod the voltage, so could i just join the bridges without bothering with any non-thermal material inbetween?

or even use a pencil :eek:

modenaf1

wait, if there arent any pits, then that means the bridges arent cut yet, meaning using the defogger paint, you wouldnt be accomplishing anything because they are already joined underneath.

OP
T

timmy

Registered
OrionRU said:
What pits? I dont have any that i noticed

between the bridges, the pits are the problem with joining 2 bridges cos you have to fill the pits in with superglue or summat.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
The Tbred-Bs come unlocked already.

The only mod left to do is making 'em MPs if you want to run two in a dually mobo.

Nick44

I just got my 1700 DLT3C 0310 also and it too has no pits at the L1 bridge.. the other bridges show laser burns or pits.. I assume that all the 1700's must be unlocked..

altec

polka dot ninja
All thoroughbred's are unlocked from the factorn...you do not have to do any modding to the chip, unless your board doesn't recognize all the bits.

OC Detective

You guys should really read what he is asking before jumping in. He asked about modding the voltage not adjusting the multi. He also just stated that there are no pits not whether there are any bridges. If you want to adjust the voltage on the Tbred then it is straightforward and merely a case of connecting the relevant dots on the L11 using something suitably conductive such as defogger or conductive pen. Yes it is normal not to have any pits on the L11.

OP
T

timmy

Registered
my chip has no pits on any bridges, not L1, not L3, not L11, not anywhere!