• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st build, Antec 900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CFowler2790

Have always been building/fixing PCs for myself, family and friends for 5 years now and recently decided to try out customizing to make look nice and more functional (got a new desk and now that i sit my tower on my desk with window facing me I realized how much of a clutered mess it looked like :p)

Was looking at new cases that looked more nice and saw a couple modded antec 900s that looked good and were modded and thought pffft I can do that, I don't need a new case!

So joined the site today and thought I would post pictures of yesterdays work! Here it is my 1st build! (even though I built it a month ago already and just now got around to cable tucking/customizing it)

Lemme know what ya'll think! even the bad comments :p

After everything was disassembled as much as it could be, I was prepared to keep a big mental record as to how the plastic on the case is held on, turns out only 2 screws :rolleyes:
DSC00551.jpg
DSC00552.jpg
DSC00553.jpg
DSC00554.jpg

Forgot to take pictures of it directly but before i painted i cut out 6 extra holes with a dremel and lined them with fuel line once paint dried
Priming the Case and some other parts and the end result, painted flat black...after installing all the parts back in I realized i should have put on a couple coats of clear coat too...oh well another project another day :p
DSC00555.jpg
DSC00556.jpg
DSC00557.jpg

OP
CFowler2790

CFowler2790

Installing the PSU, mounting the mobo, and running the power/case cables
DSC00560.jpg
DSC00561.jpg

Mounting the HDDs to the bays and running the Sata cables
DSC00563.jpg
DSC00566.jpg

After all the cables were run I sloppily tapped them to the back of the mobo tray, after who gonna see it with the panel covering it...turns out this made it more difficult to get the tray on /facepalm
DSC00568.jpg
DSC00569.jpg

OP
CFowler2790

CFowler2790

The finished product! (for now, I ran out money DOH!)
The cable sleeves are blue UV reactive so I bought a blue UV light kit with 2 12in lights and I love the glow look they have!
DSC00570.jpg
DSC00571.jpg
DSC00572.jpg
DSC00574.jpg
DSC00575.jpg
DSC00576.jpg
DSC00584.jpg

Last edited:

Rich'[ard]

OMG. is that a Coolermaster Extreme PSU?
we must be brothers. same PSU same case :santa:

nice cleanup man. i took out half my fans becuase of all the dust that this case can hold.
i'm getting some fan filters soon so that should help.
and :welcome: