• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my 2.4c m0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shortbus_

well after some intial problems getting the motherboard working, and lots of formatting i seem to have this thing working quite nicely.

290.jpg

priming now... if stable ill see how much higher i can get it.

stay tuned :cool:

Last edited:
i had sata enabled on my ic7 and it was causing a bsod on boot. after i turned it off everything works perfect.

290 is stable, but i need better cooling. idle temps are 41*C and load it shoots up to 60*C. im going to try reseating the heatsink when i get some time. is the stick intel cooler any good? hopefully ill be getting water soon so this wont be a problem.

i was able to boot into 295, but it wasnt very stable. also the temps were even worse :(. i think ill just stick to 290 until i get some better cooling.

295.jpg

Last edited:
Sheesh... that's not bad for stock cooling. You are running a little more voltage than what I would recommend with stock cooling. I usually figure 3.2 to 3.3 gig as long as you don't have to bump the voltage up much is getting close to my comfort limit with the retail heatsink.

You don't really need watercooling unless you really are set to get it. There are several air cooled heatsinks that will easily handle 300 FSB, but you'll have to put up with noisy high speed fans. The new SP-94 is looking good. The SLK 9000 and the Swiftech are excellent choices.

There are a couple things that can be done to improve the stock heatsink (which by the way is a well designed and efficient heatsink). Take it off and lap it. Those things are a little rough. Reinstall with AS and you should improve temps 2-5 degrees (your mileage may vary).

While the stock heatsink is fairly decent, it's the winpy stock fan that is the main problem. These are made to be quiet, not to move a bunch of air. There is a mod that allows the fan to spin at a higher RPM. Wish there was a good method to swap fans for a higher flow one. Maybe there is? Try researching that idea.

i can get a water block for free/cheap from my brother so it shouldnt cost me very much, and it will be a lot quieter then air.

the retail fan seems rather loud to me... about as loud as the delta on my old alpha pal8045 :rolleyes:

i backed the vcore down to 1.625 (undervolts to ~1.616) although not completely prime stable at this voltage it seems to be stable enough for games and web brosing ect..

are these sandra scores any good?

im new to the program :D

11k_Cpu.jpg

mm_test.jpg

sorry if theyre too big :/ got lazy and didnt crop them. all ive been doing is testing and trouble shooting all day. kinda getting tired of it :eek:

Last edited:
also, im beginning to question these temp probes. mbm gives my processor temps and aux temps. the aux temps seem to be more accurate, but coming from an athlon 1500+ i have no clue what this is. my aux is 31 idle 41 load... what is it testing? socket temp?

Back