• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3DMark score, bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

My specs are in my sig. I just ran 3DMark 2001 SE, the standard 17 tests.

I got an 8983.

This is with my Geforce4 Ti 4200 OC'd to 290 core and 530 memory. With the 40.72 detonator drivers.

Is that score bad for my system specs?

What can I do to get to the 1337 10,000 3DMarks?

OP
gingo

gingo

Well, I just set my mem clock to 540. Now I got 9117. I'm gettin there I guess...

Emericana

that is very bad score. make sure no AA or anios is turned on and make sure everything is set at best performance
make sure you are using the 41.03 drivers or atleast 30.82 because those are good ones.

that score is terrible no offence but you should be getting MUCH better w/ your system specs. oh ya run your ram w/ aggressive timings

edit: i just saw you have the gainward 128mb. i used to have that card you can def do more than 290 on the core. mine did 330 w/ stock cooling and artic silver. try 305mhz and see if that works.

maxima88

Yup, it is a very low score for that vid card. That's not even what I get at no cpu o/c and no vid card o/c.

Follow what emericana says and your score should be better.

ntpphong

ya, my bro got 10300 with the gainward ti4200 on his 2.26Ghz P4, your xp supposed to beat him in that one. he ran stock speed

jlin453

Emericana said:
that is very bad score. make sure no AA or anios is turned on and make sure everything is set at best performance
make sure you are using the 41.03 drivers or atleast 30.82 because those are good ones.

that score is terrible no offence but you should be getting MUCH better w/ your system specs. oh ya run your ram w/ aggressive timings

edit: i just saw you have the gainward 128mb. i used to have that card you can def do more than 290 on the core. mine did 330 w/ stock cooling and artic silver. try 305mhz and see if that works.

I would just like to say YOU ARE THE F*CKING MAN~!

My computer stats and score is just the same as the guy who started this thread. (XP2000+ w/9200 score). I read ur post and decided to try the 41.03 drivers(instead of the 42.72 I had) and my score jumped to 11439

I was so amazed, lol.

Didn't think I could get such a high score. Thanks for the good advice :D

Samoyed

I dont think drivers alone will give u 2000 pts.

A comparison of the last 20 Nvidia drivers showed about a 5-10% improvement from the very worst to the best in 3d Mark. The 30.82 was one of the best.

My rig started out with 8600.

First I OCed the 4200 to 300/265
Then the FSB to 150
Then installed XMS memory and set it to Turbo

Then I got 10,900

I lowered the FSB to 145 for less heat and now get 10,500

Epox kt333 board, Xp1800, GF4 4200 64mb

jlin453

You would think that, but the ONLY other thing I did was dld the refresher mod that allows 75mhz instead of 60mhz.

SO, the ONLY thing I switched was 41.72->41.03 and the refresher mod.

You don't have to believe me if you want :p I'm just very very pleased right now :D

OP
gingo

gingo

btw, I do have AA turned to 2x in my advanced options when I right click on the desktop. I beleive it is turned off in 3DMark 2k1 SE though. Do I need to turn it off at the desktop though? That would kinda be a pain to have to do that everytime I run 3DMark 2001 SE though. I like to use AA when playing UT2003.

baqai

turn AA off

turn Antistropic (sp?) filtering off

Verticle Sync off

mipmap detail level set to best performance (in d3d settings)

btw my score was on stock computer and video card running 40.72

OP
gingo

gingo

well.....I just installed the 41.03's. I have a whopping score of 9049!!!!!!!

OP
gingo

gingo

Ok, I just manually turned AA off in the advanced options when you right click on the desktop. Even though in 3Dmark2001 SE it says AA off. I ran the benchmark again and got 11330. Not too bad I guess. I wonder what I would have got with the old drivers if I would have just turned AA off.

I sorta feel like I'm cheating with AA off. Does everyone run it like that?

OP
gingo

gingo

One more thing, there was a setting I changed in the performance tab(I think), It says something (forgot what exacltey) and it gives me 3 options, applications, balanced, and aggressive. I chose aggressive. What exacltey does this do?

frostmeister

Sounds to me like you tweaked the memory usage under the XP performance settings gingo. This changes how XP allocates memory to applications. Anyway, all this talk of tweaking is making me fume. I did have a GeForce3 - original, not ti, and got about 6800 - 7000 on 3Dmark. I've upgraded to a 9700pro, and can't bench my system cause it locks up. I'm running a dogged out installation of XP and have to wait till friday to get an external drive to back things up to so I can re-install. Grr. I'll beat that 10k soon. If those pesky meddling kids don't foil my plans. Bah humbug ;)