• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 4P build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

so which proc you're going to use in this..tower of power :D

Haha... :D 4x 6128s for now, but will upgrade when I spot good deals. Powered her up last night.:attn: Also have another 4x 6128s on the way, I can't resist a good deal and got them for 200$ over at [H].

Will be posting my tower of power a little later, gotta take some pics. :thup:

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
+1!

Plus, the latest is 3.0 (which my board shipped with) :thup:

Edit: Scratch that - You have a GL I have a Gi, my bad.

Look again, it's a H8QGi-F, and the file name is H8QG62_904 but says 3.0 on the download page at SuperMicro. I'll find out for sure when I get this build finished and power it up.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
@Fever, i have no 4P, just bunch of 2P.
wow alll sudden it becomes no 4P no top10.

KGH, we're both top 10 without 4P then. But yeah, barely. Couple more people with 4P builds and we may get pushed out. Between you and harlam357 jumping up to 400K+ and Edward2's upgrade last week, I'm left squeezing blood out of turnips to catch up. And now Whitehawk's bringing up his 4P on top of the 100K/day he already does....

I guess I was getting bored holding my spot so easily. I almost forgot why I liked folding so much! I added 7 this week but they're dual cores w/ HT, and I have 12 more to image and get folding next week, and expect at least 7 more this month. Kinda got the shaft on dozens of Lenovos lately... 1-2 year old equipment sent to me from other sites instead of getting the new(er) i5-2500 model. 110 CPU's just isn't enough these days. Bringing it up to 129 should help, and replacing 25-26 of the E8400's with i5's will be the kicker. Its just about time to do the last of my equipment swaps, scan in my quarterly inventory, and submit my equipment purchase order.

Damn the 4Pdoze, full speed ahead!!

Last edited:

KGH

@Arkaine23, in next few weeks, when all new quad cannons finished firing 10 rounds. The cutoff of 10th spot will be around 550K. Hope w/o 4P we both still can stay in top10 :)
WTF

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
@Arkaine23, in next few weeks, when all new quad cannons finished firing 10 rounds. The cutoff of 10th spot will be around 550K. Hope w/o 4P we both still can stay in top10 :)
WTF

I don't intend to go quietly into that good night. Its just a matter of when I can get the equipment. I should hit 700K+ when I my lab is refreshed with late 2012 iMacs. I figure a 3330S will do about 15K PPD, whereas the E8400's I'd be replacing only do about 1.5K PPD.

Last edited:
OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
Well, the memory should be here today, picked up power supply last night at Fry's, Corsair 850W, I expect the case tomorrow. Almost there :comp:

OP
WhitehawkEQ

WhitehawkEQ

Premium Member
I got the memory and case yesterday.

This is before the memory is installed
DSCN0478.JPG

This is a 12V EPS spliter. For better view click here -> Spliter cable
DSCN0479.JPG

Here is with the memory in.
DSCN0480.JPG

note: the psu is only pluged in for show at this point, it's not on.

PSU is a Corsair AX850W

gabi_golan

Very very cool, Whitehawk!
But whats the purpose of the EPS splitter? Don't these MBoards run fine with only 2 EPS power connected? If yes, than what is the advantage of running it with 3 EPS connectors connected?