• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 4P build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just want to fill the connector, can't stand to see a empty connector :)

Very very cool, Whitehawk!
But whats the purpose of the EPS splitter? Don't these MBoards run fine with only 2 EPS power connected? If yes, than what is the advantage of running it with 3 EPS connectors connected?

Well, I have changed my mind on the 120's and going with the 92 mm because of space constrains on CPU#4
Noctua 92mm
and I'm going to replace the fans with these
CoolerMaster 92mm and run them at full speed.

Oh and 2 little tabs have lost their way baaa baaa baaa
DSCN0491.JPG
I cut the tabs off from the back side of the MB tray with a Dremel and 2 cutting disks.

You wouldn't have those problems if you were running nekkid. :p
Looking forward to seeing it run.
Have you decided on the OS yet?

I got the HSF in today, and I'll tell you, it's a real pain putting the mounting brackets on.

bracket.jpg
it's so hard to get the screw started from where it is.
And my fingers are swelling up, sharp edges are not kind to me.

Those finned edges are never kind, but I thought the Noctua brackets were difficult as well - until I quit using my fingers so much, and used the tool they provided, instead.

Better! Easier than several others I've done.

With your hand problems, I'm sure it is an extra pain to work with them.

Good luck!

BTW, if you look at my sig, you'll see I'm A+ Certified, well I'm now going for Network Engineer, started this past Monday. :comp::comp::comp::comp::comp::rofl:

Update!!
Sorry for taking so long for this :)
------------------------------
Here I put rubber feet that is as tall as the stand off's, I did at 1 hole and taped it.
DSCN0502.JPG

Here is 1 HSF installed.
DSCN0501.JPG

Here is all HSF's in, sorry for the blurred pic, I'll try to get better pic later.
DSCN0507.JPG

Here is the power cables, I ordered a spare cable kit from Corsair and used 1 of the 12V cables for the 3rd connector on the MB.
DSCN0509.JPG

Here I used 3M Command strips with hooks to mount the top 230mm fan on the outside of the case.
DSCN0510.JPG

Here is a close up of the fan.
DSCN0505.JPG

Enjoy :D

looks good, with some OCing + 100K ppd you already have sure can put you in top10 production (600K+ ppd).

Looks like I'll have to be watching over my shoulder for yet ANOTHER teammate. :eek:

Just in time to break it in before the CC starts next month - great timing!

Thanks for the pics.

I've been waiting for this, and I cant believe i once had more PPD than WHEQ =).
Do the Noctua HSF use some custom fans? UPD: already realized the
and I'm going to replace the fans with these
CoolerMaster 92mm and run them at full speed.

Last edited:
Hehehe, the fans that came with the HS was not PWM fans, the CoolerMaster fans are PWM, and faster. (Noctua-1600rpm) (CoolerMaster-2800rpm)

I've been waiting for this, and I cant believe i once had more PPD than WHEQ =).
Do the Noctua HSF use some custom fans? UPD: already realized the

Damn, respect! Thats a nice little investment right there.

I still recall when building 4 tier Yatta's was all the rave, and now we have guys chucking in 4P machines for the fold.

Awesome!

I think I got robed, I got the system up and running, I go in the BIOS and it shows 32 cores, in the boot screen that shows after the post Magny-Cours in the cpu string. And I'm having problems with the memory.

Last edited:
Using just two sockets, can you tell what each cpu is identified as, by the BIOS?

Magny-Cours are good, but I don't believe they're compatible enough to run in the same mobo with Interlagos model cpu's.

Any word back from the seller on this yet?

Keep those Noctua fans because 1) they're more efficient than most fans and 2) they will outlast Coolermaster HSFs by 3 to 1, easily.

No, they're now PWM fans, but they're definitely premier class fans.

This MB supports both Magny-Cours and Interlagos, as far as the HSF's go I can't use the V6GT's on this MB because of room issues and the V6GT's I use on my other systems, they are still going strong, 1 has lasted for over 3 years. Plus the V6GT is made for 200W+ CPU's, the 92mm Noctua's are made for 115W CPU's.

Using just two sockets, can you tell what each cpu is identified as, by the BIOS?

Magny-Cours are good, but I don't believe they're compatible enough to run in the same mobo with Interlagos model cpu's.

Any word back from the seller on this yet?

Keep those Noctua fans because 1) they're more efficient than most fans and 2) they will outlast Coolermaster HSFs by 3 to 1, easily.

No, they're now PWM fans, but they're definitely premier class fans.

Back