• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 4P build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
My Cooler Master Stacker 810 that I'm using now might fit a 16.48" x 13" (418 x 330 mm) board. PS is on the bottom. I'll have to open her up and tape out the dimensions next time I shut her down to blow out any winter dust buildup.

There definitely would be some modding involved with either case I've mentioned.

Last edited:
ESXi 5.1 now support up to 64 vCPU. So you can fold all 64 cores under linux + have your windows 2008 R2 and whatever OSes you like :)

My Cooler Master Stacker 810 that I'm using now might fit a 16.48" x 13" (418 x 330 mm) board. PS is on the bottom. I'll have to open her up and tape out the dimensions next time I shut her down to blow out any winter dust buildup.

There definitely would be some modding involved with either case I've mentioned.

I'm sure the Stacker has been tried or used for this. Definitely look around. You may not require the card slots to line up between mobo and case (if you use on-board video and nothing else). You will have to line up the IO panel (manifold), on the mobo, with the space for it, on the case, however.

What is the ESXi?

This 4P stuff is incredible.
I just started folding on my i7-860 rig and would be happy with 14k PPD.

WhitehawkEQ's build will likely do what, 500k PPD?

Since he will be using it for school work on a Network Engineer course, as well as a folder, I'd say 200K to 350K would be more average. If he decides to overclock it and leave it as a dedicated folder, then 450K - 525K would be my estimate.

Yes, the production is very high.

if he uses for school/NE training then definitely go with ESXi. It will provide him the perfect environment (i.e. 20 switch/router VMs + other OSes). Hope he has access to vmware Ent+ version :).

if he uses for school/NE training then definitely go with ESXi. It will provide him the perfect environment (i.e. 20 switch/router VMs + other OSes). Hope he has access to vmware Ent+ version :).

I won't be able to fold at the school, (1) I will be wiping the server and reinstalling a few times and (2) the school put up a Sonic wall (firewall) so I still won't be able to fold :(:screwy:

I got a RMA for my 4P, it's going to the computer hospital to get better :) or lay it to rest.

The OS does not read the RTC clock at bootup and after it's booted up the time clock in the OS runs S...L...O...W, The RTC keeps the correct time, it's just not in windows or linux.

Great!
Will you get a replacement board, or a refund? And are you going to build a 4P after all?

Great!
Will you get a replacement board, or a refund? And are you going to build a 4P after all?

I had it built but was not running good, for what little folding I did on it, was taking 1 or 2 days or more for a WU that should only take 5-6 hours to do. I think IRQ0 (system timer) was not running right.

SuperMicro is going try to fix it if they can and if not, should give me a new board, it's inside the warranty period so I should get a working MB ether way.

I got my MB back from SuperMicro today, should have it up and running by this weekend. Seems there is a file or regestry that is corruped that is making the windows clock run slow, the cmos clock ran on time, no lag there.
I'll do a wipe and reinstall and see what happens.

I got my MB back from SuperMicro today, should have it up and running by this weekend. Seems there is a file or regestry that is corruped that is making the windows clock run slow, the cmos clock ran on time, no lag there.
I'll do a wipe and reinstall and see what happens.

Glad to see its back. :thup:

That took a long time it seems to replace a mobo?

Back