• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Albatron Turbo 4200 BLOWS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah, here we go...... they are definitely a bad batch, or maybe a common factor in mem, cooling, or motherboard?

I've had 3 different cards and here's the results (reason I had 3 was because of BSODS that ended up being my Power Supply):

First card: 325/720 with minimal artifacts
Second card: 315/710 with minimal artifacts
Third and current card: 320/715 no artifacts, but run it at 300/700 for 24/7 use.

These 3 spanned from a 1.5 month time frame all from the same distributor. The company is Leadertech. Now I'm not sure if everyone can order from them, but they are our supplyer for my work. So of course I can get bulk discounts etc, and discounts on a single.

I've had 3 cards and all 3 performed better than "advertised".

Also, use Rivatuner to find out what core revision is being used, all 3 of mine have been A3, maybe newer ones are using a different revision due to the fact of nVidia shutting down 4400 and 4600 production which could be effecting the chips they are sending out.

well i am not sure if you guys read my individual thread but i got a new one from newegg and it will not do 300/650 but it will do 290/655 and i am gonna keep it merely cause i dont wanna deal w/ rma another thing.

alpha gamer check out the review of the card at guru3d.com they got i think if memory recalls me 310/730

yeah, i think those were the numbers that i found, something got lost between my brain and my fingers! damn packet loss

Did you read my post?? Please say something to me plis, I don´t know what to do. What do you advice me? What other card?
thx a lot

alpha_gamer said:
HOLY KRAP!

check the review of the card at new egg!!!!111

one guy got speeds of 305/675!!!111

OMG!!!!1111

LOL, look at one of Kato's Posts and look in his sig. If that got you all excited, be ready for a heart attack.

ViToRiO, at this time it looks like the ablatron 4200 turbos are suffering from a quality control issue. See if you can PM Radelon about getting one from his suppliers since he seems to be getting the old ones that overclocked well. I would recommend NOT buying this card from newegg right now. If you really want to buy it, try another supplier that might not be selling so many in the hopes that they will send you an older one.

At this point, it is really a matter of luck since the general consensus is that these cards have gone DOWN in quality recently.

K1

Is it the card... or is it the chips Nvidia are releasing? ALbatron are fairly new & maybe the newest batches of 4200 chips are "bottom of the bin".

Has anyone changed to a better heatsink? THat Stock one doesn't look that great. Yeah, it's copper, but it's mainly just a flat piece of copper with a few fins soldered on the edge - not exactly high performance in reality.

Kosmic1 said:
ViToRiO, at this time it looks like the ablatron 4200 turbos are suffering from a quality control issue. See if you can PM Radelon about getting one from his suppliers since he seems to be getting the old ones that overclocked well. I would recommend NOT buying this card from newegg right now. If you really want to buy it, try another supplier that might not be selling so many in the hopes that they will send you an older one.

At this point, it is really a matter of luck since the general consensus is that these cards have gone DOWN in quality recently.

K1

and what other supplier can I choose?? I don´t know. If you can adviceme would it be better. I'm from Argentina and I have a coussin there in Illinois, near Chicago, and he's coming on December.
Well thanx for all.
Vitorio

Back