• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my block im makin

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you're pump is large enough to overcome the added head loss due tapping all the way through, you might as well try it. I have two identical blocks, one tapped through and one smooth. Hard to say exactly how much better the tapped one is because my test setup is still rather primitive, but it does show definite improvement.

Last edited:
GOOD IDEA!! ill do that!!!

and i guess im gonna make like 6 of them! and sell them.....

it turns out im gonna make one for a guy in israel... and im sure other people would want them if they perform good, wich im SURE they will!

Silver said:
Or you could use three 1/4" inlets and three 1/4" outlets.

the holes wont go any bigger.... to have that many and the thickness...

gone_fishin said:
I liked the idea of tapping the holes all the way through. How about rifling them? That is what evaporator tubes use to increase performance by 50%. I'm not sure what kind of tool would be required for rifling. Perhaps some type of setup on a lathe and an etching tool.

Lathes are used in most rifling techniques. Most are specialized in nature and what they generally do is pull a "button" through with a given twist rate. The "buttons" start out small and are swapped for larger 'buttons" with each pass until the desired amount of material is removed. There are other types of rifling techniques such as mandrel forging (I have at least one rifle with such a barrel on it), which makes really durable but sometimes less accurate barrels. The barrel starts out smooth bore like a thick shotgun barrel. The mandrel with the rifling cut into it is inserted into the barrel and both are placed in a forge where the rifling is literally pounded into the barrel from outside. Most barrels that are made on a massive scale of production are made this way.

maskedgeek said:

the holes wont go any bigger.... to have that many and the thickness...

No, meaning multiple inlets/outlets should allow higher velocity while maintaining volume. I.e. small passages with multiple inlet/outlets.

like 3 inlets and 3 outlets? too much work and i want this reasonable... i think you mean like have it like this

O O O
| | |
| | |
| | |
| | |
O O O

but with like 3 passages thru it... nah thats definetly too much work... or maby the center... nah, then it isnt as practicle... id hafta make a hose splitter... and one to make them come back together...

I run three on my block. I went with volume on a 3.5 x 4 block using a 500 gph pumb. Great flow to the bong. I suspect though that a high velocity, low volume on individual line would be even more effective. The adapters for splitting were a piece of cake and are located outside of the case. Surgical line and no hose clamps.

Back