• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My borgs went online yesterday

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
My stats

Still trying to figure out what the dude is running for me right now however this is what he is running for his normal fah setup.

2 x MSI X58 Pro-E (v2), I7-920 2.66Mhz (OC 3.35. Probably can go higher) 8GB RAM 160GB HDD (Waiting for SSD's), Coolermaster 1200W PSU, Corsair H50 CPU Watercooler. Currently have a 9800GX2 (aircooled) until GTX295's arrive but not folding on it until I guarantee bigadv stability.
1 x 2 x Intel DX58SO (tempermental boots on USB mouse and keyboard!) I7-920 2.66Mhz (OC 3.35 not stable above 3.6+) 8Gb RAM 160GB HDD (Waiting for SSD's), Coolermaster 1200W PSU, Corsair H50 CPU Watercooler. Currently have a 8800GS (aircooled) until GTX295's arrive but not folding on it until I guarantee bigadv stability.

All running XP prof 64bit and VMWare 3.0 using V0.7 of linuxrouters image.

Looks like I have myself a frigging steam roller at least for the next few week.

Will find out what he has folding for me once I talk to him again.

torin3

Who-hoo! WTF.

(And I've got an excuse for being late...I just woke up!)

ozzlo

Senior whose title will pier
holy crap wow! someone wants that video card bad!!!

~(o)-(0)~

wow, good stuff I'm gonna be dropping out of the top 300 pretty soon I think, I've lost my dedicated folder.
Just folding some single core work units and one gpu now.

Nick

Adak

A borg? A real live borg?

Man, I haven't seen such gold as you've found, in a very long time - Well Done AF!
(this better not be fiction, however!) :)

I wasn't here earlier - had to recover from the "Alice in Wonderland" quote of I.M.O.G.'s. It had me rolling.

CJ-5

AmbientFiction: At lest for a week or two I'll be folding with the big boys. This might even push me to the top 100 or so.

It's good to have friends, isn't it.:cool: WTF

Gratz!

Last edited:
OP
AmbientFiction

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Wow I totally made some crazy jumps forward in the ranking.

The last 24 hrs has netted 114,970ppd

However with great strides sometimes there comes a cost. That cost being the fact he had promised the GPU clients to another team starting today I believe. So Bigadvs is all I have left. So to anyone I just blew by in the last 2 days I encourage you to catch me if you can.

Team 32 has always been the best at cranking up the numbers. Lets show em what the Winter Burn is all about!! You know for the longest time I couldn't find any borgs and then bam it happened. I landed myself a whopper borg. They are out there do not give up Fold The World!!!!!!
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

OP
AmbientFiction

AmbientFiction

Senior Folding Zombie
Just really happened to luck out. I have helped out other forums in the past with getting their folding in shape and someone who had helped me with the last project I worked on just decided to switch some borgs to my name. I'm gonna try to get him on our team might take some work but when he sees the community I'm sure he'll feel right at home.

No but threats Dolkanation does seem like a good way to make people turn over borgs. I do however think I'll just stick to Dolking hot chicks.

the_cultie

Congrats on the Borg, I am so jealous. My points have been at 0 for over a week as I have been out of the country but now I'm back and slowly crankin up.

Adak

I had a similar experience this last Summer, AF. Somebody decided to gift me with a *boat load* of points. We're talking maybe 800,000 points in just a month - it was insane!!

Never did find out who gifted me, but it was spectacular.

Not as good for the team as your borg, of course, but the size and intention of it were stunning.

Congrats on the super-sized point day! :soda: :soda: