• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my burner won't soft boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xantec

Registered
i have this little annoying problem with a new burner i just got. if i soft boot my computer, it doen't powerup. if i restart the computer from within windows, or if i go into bios and then exit it, when the system restarts, the burner does not "turn on", is not detected my bios and thus, not seen by windows.

however, if i turn my computer off (hold down power button till shuts off, or shut down through windows), and then immediately turn it back on, the drive will fuction properly with no problem for the entire time that the system is running, until i soft boot again.

does anyone have any idea what might cause a problem like this and how i might go about fixing it b/c it is tad annoying to have to turn off the computer and turn it back on whenever windows needs to reboot or when i mess in the bios. thanks in advance

i am using the cyberdrive CW058D 32x burner

Last edited:

Kakao

Happened to me for a while with a Abit BX6-2. The CD drive (not a burner) was sharing the IDE connection with the HD. When I changed it to master at the second IDE it never happened anymore.

OP
Xantec

Xantec

Registered
hmm, well. its set as trhe slave on the second channel, with my dvd drive as master...i suppose i could try switching them, and see what happens. thnx