• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Case! Fantastic!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamDaMan

Registered
This case is just fantastic. It took me over 20 hours to build but the results are well worth it. I bought the kit for the airplane for $109.

http://www.aerocool.com.tw/aerocool-files-v3/lubic/gallery/airplane.htm

But I had no interest in building the airplane, just a solid case for my computer. I have this heat sink

http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/cl-p0024tower112/cl-p0024tower112.htm

And clearly it is required to be in the up and down position, I couldn’t really find a standard case to work well so I picked up the Lubic case.

http://www.pcextreme.net/lubic3519_01.php

They did say “some assembly required” and sure enough that was true lol. Well the pictures speak from themselves.

There are pictures here:

f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/wgedtvs/album?.dir=/32fc&.src=ph

The good design idea is that the drive part just sits on top of the bottom part and can be easy removed by unplugging the ide connectors and power cables and then just lifting out, giving access to the MB ..

Sadly I got a Abit nf7-s motherboard to work with my Athlon XP 3200 but because its a nvidia nforce2 based board my boot drive won't work (came from a VIA KT600 system), meaning I just can't plug in the old hard drive and boot stright to windows ... Lots of time wasted... bleh.. So actually nothing is working past booting into the bios

Last edited:

Nightingale

Well its always good to see self built cases, but for 1 this should be in the modding. Anyhow keep up the good work(hope your gonna enclose the case with acrylic to keep the dust out).

Drec

pretty original ill say, im not a big fan of having the mobo out in the open like that though

Radical

I've never seen a self-built case like that before. One advantage to having an open design like that is lower temps.

OP
S

SamDaMan

Registered
Heh...

No there will be no acrylic, and the MB will be in the open, water or a screw will fry it no doubt. I have 6 computers this will be in the middle on the bottom, with a board over it between two outside normal cases and three computers on the board... I don't have kids or pets or any other people living here so unless I am super careless it should be ok. I read that this style has less dust cause it can keep moving whereas in the normal cases the dust gets traped inside and can't exit.... With only the PS and CPU fans (well and the Video card fan...) there should not be a lot of dust...

Ya I hope the temps will be low.... just have to wait and see, gonna pick up a SOYO MB (KT880) and that should get things running right.

If anyone wants to move to the proper section thats fine with me...

daba

That looks like a very interesting case. The TT cooler reminds me of the Coolermaster Hyper6. 20 hours does seem a long time to build it, why is that?

OP
S

SamDaMan

Registered
Well...

Way to many errors... I could probably make it in 4 hours now...

Changed the design a lot of times, had the wide drives on the wrong side... had master drives under the slaves (heh)... made for DFI MB then got a different one... Heat sink caused bars to be redone, didnt put in some of the screw hole parts like they suggested, had to unassemble parts to redo that. If yur working from an existing design its like 4-6 hours, but if you making it up as you go well heh... Also had lots of putting in bars not stright, its not a simple as it would seem there is no cross bracing so untill everything it tight the cage can tilt and what not..

Drec

still like having my system enclosed, :thup: though, this would make a good artical for the front page. might win you 100 bucks, if you had pics of you building it n stuff.