• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My circulatory issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightmare3215

Here's what I have going...

Thermalright Alx800-a with a tt-smartfanII (3600 rpms) on a barton 2500+ @ stock. I am using arctic silver 5 too. I also have an antec lanboy case with one coolermaster 80mm for intake, one panaflo 80mm for outtake, and my psu has a giant fan on the bottom of it pulling air out of the case as well.

With the side of my case on I get 47-50c idle and 50-52 load. With the side of my case removed I get 37-42c idle and 47 load.

I was wondering if I could change fans around/remove some to help out my circulation with the side of the case on. One problem I have now is that all the fans together are very loud... I wish this thing could be quieter. :confused: Also, do you think that if I invest in a duct system, it would eliminate this problem? If so which fan should I set up as intake to the duct?

Thanks

Daegon

the humming noises are probably easiet fixed by insulating the fan's vibrations, try using rubber washers on the bolts. btw, try to find bolts like the ones that come with TT smartfan 2's. If your fans are dying then they'll vibrate more.

Your temps can be remedied by upping your intake cfms. Looks like your fans aren't bringing in enough cool air.

This can be done by replacing your intake fan with one that moves more air, or clean up your cables, especially the ones around your hard drives. These cables block the majority of the airflow.

the layout of your airflow is exactly as I would have it btw

OP
nightmare3215

nightmare3215

Do you know if those rubber stick things that claim to absorb vibrations work on making things quieter?

Im thinking of buying the sunbeam duct system because I think my heat issues will be over + it'll quiet the fans a little bit by muffling the noise a little.
Anyone have that duct kit and know if it's any good?