• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my comp can handle far cry right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tatuya

Your video card is a bit weak and you won't be able to run everything at the nicest (only next gen cards really can) and Far Cry is a memory hog which runs best on 1024 MB or more of RAM, other than that everything should be fine.

Just a headsup here, it's an athlon not athelon or athlong :D.

OP
C

CheeseMan

Ok sounds good, Im going to the video game store tommarow, so i dont have to be worried about getting a game that won't work. like my old crappy computer pentium2, 64 mb ram, 5 gig memory, some ****ty video card, oh it was horrid, now my sister has it and she thinks its the best in the world :rollseyes:

David

Forums Super Moderator
CheeseMan said:
ok, will most games run pretty good on my computer?

It looks OK for most things - if there is a bottleneck I would think it would be your card probably.

theELVISCERATOR

Tatuya said:
The demo is terrible with the video ironically, remember the shading problems with ATi cards elvis?

not like he can run AA/AF on that system anyway...

that was causing the issues

Quattro

Farcry called my machine a "medium spec machine"..

I was like, damn, what a beast game...

I know a kid who has got a 933mhz PIII, 384mb ram, fx5200, and he reckons it plays alright.

Drec

i play it..so what do you think, and when i installed it caled my rig a medium spec machine too :D

Quattro

It called your rig a medium spec too! You've got a FX5200.... Wtf...

What do you need to get a high or low spec then?

I seriously thought that a 2.3ghz Barton, 512mb, 9800Pro would have been high.
I have 1GB coming tommorow, which should mean I can get a higher OC on my processor. Plus the 1gb really does help farcry.

I'm also getting a 64bit system within the next 2 weeks, if it doesn't say high spec after that I don't know what I'll do!

Yes I do get an Ati X800XT... Yeah...

Dream on

sandman001

Just Freeze It
It says high spec for mine.

A64 3000+ @ 2.2ghz 1:1
9800pro @ 425/350 for now, until my blocks are done.
512mb BH-6 @ 220mhz.

Quattro

Perhaps once i get my Clawhammer 3200+ I will have a above average spec machine.

My machine has to beat a P4 3.2Ghz.
My dads got one, and I going to prove him wrong going the P4 way, I imagine a clawhammer will destory his P4, that'll really **** him off!