• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my computer doesnt restart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aman

my computer runs perfectly. When i shut it down it shuts down however it will not start. When i power it on the lights turn on but they flicker and the hard drive does not run. After a while it shuts down. The only way to get around is when i go to back back of the computer turn it off from the harddrive button for about 15 seconds and then turn it on. then it powers on fine.

what can be the problem?

power supply is zalman zm600-hp

jmdixon85

Definatly sounds like your PSU is a "little" faulty. Can you try it in a different system? Or try another PSU is this system?

oakstave

It may very well be your PSU. That would be my first suspect as jmdixon mentioned.

Are you running this machine overclocked? Some Asus boards will behave oddly at start if the OC is not fully stable. Try setting the system at stock, and see if the behavior persists.