• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Computer not collectly displaying HDD names in Win7 Ultimate. What gives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuminoZ

Hey all, my current setup is in my signature. What's going on is that My Computer will not correctly display the names of two of my HDD's which were formatted in Vista.

MyComputer.png

Since i've reformatted to Win7 I've reformatted my backup drive, and the title displays just fine in my computer.

If I go into disk management, I see all the correct names of my HDD's so i'm rather baffled as to why they're not showing up in my computer.

DiskMgt.png

The only thing that I cam come up with is that they are plugged into my mobo's "drive Xpert" S-ATA ports, and that would have something to do with it.

Should I try reformatting the drives in Win7, or what?

Automata

Destroyer of Empires and Use
You could always just rename the drives by right clicking them and hitting rename.

OP
LuminoZ

LuminoZ

Oh I forgot to mention that I tried that, but my computer will still show "local disk" after i do a right click and rename, or try and rename from properties.

redduc900

Inactive Moderator
Do you happen to have UAC disabled? Like you mentioned, it may also have something to do w/ the fact that the drives are plugged into the onboard Sil controller, and using the Drive Xpert feature.

Last edited:
OP
LuminoZ

LuminoZ

I've got UAC on a stake in my front yard. I think I'll just to give ASUS a call and see what they say. I'll be sure to keep it updated

Last edited: