• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my creation =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zabomb4163

http://www.geargroove.com/teevso41elso.html

geargroove_1767_2245001.jpg
(rear)

36-121-101-01.JPG (front)

36-113-132-02.JPG
(center channel)

ever since i've had these telex speakers they have been begging for some bass. the only problem with the new setup is that explosions in battlefield make my ears pop for a second.

Last edited:
Hehe! There's nothing like bass!!! Be careful that you don't blow the soundcard outputs...
(PS:They won't beat my 15" Celestion woofer)
(Of topic, look here to get an idea waht loud is... rem:180 dB is the SPL that a spacerocket makes during takeoff!)

Last edited:
that is mighty impessive. reminds me of a guide i read some time ago on how to hook up a normal sub to a normal pc pseaker system.

take some pics and show us much the house shakes when their on full blast

maybe i should hook up my w-7 and one of my zapco amps, see hoe that sounds for bass. :) the w-7 is the best sounding sub i have ever heard.

The most impressive sub I've seen and heard is the Cerwin-Vega Stroker 18D(18"1600W). It's meant to be used as a carstereo woofer, but I've seen bars/discos using it... say no more!
SQ is not great but SPL is insane. To demonstrate it's real power, CW hooked it directly to the poweroutlet(220V norway). It gave a bit distorted 50Hz tone, but it survived...

Computer outputs

---------- -----------
front speakers spliter/signal booster ..............

rear speakers spliter/signal booster...................

center channel---------spliter/signal booster........................

I apolygize for not having pictures yet. i originally created the thread and thought about it for a few minutes and came the the conclusion that it wasn't a good idea. but by that time the forum would not longer let me delete it.

zabomb4163 said:
I apolygize for not having pictures yet. i originally created the thread and thought about it for a few minutes and came the the conclusion that it wasn't a good idea. but by that time the forum would not longer let me delete it.

Ah well. At least we all get the chance to see your avatar a bit more. :D

18" and 15"= slopy bass imho i hate them only thing there good for its bandpassing but my opinion is somewhat biast cuz i like tight base soo...

thank you sf101, im glad im not the only person around hear who appreciates amazingly accurate bass, and not just these spl monsters. i have 2 jl audio 10w-7's. i dont even have the money to set up my system yet. i still have about 2-3k left to spend on it. i had the zapco 1000, but i sold it to my brother for $400, lol, he got one hell of a deal on it. im going to buy an audio control active x-over, an eclipse 8053 deck, for my components im going to run either mb quart, focal, or diamond, and i still need to buy 2 more amps, the jl 1000x1, and the jl 350x4. plus i want it to be a completely clean and custom install, soo its going to cost some money for that as well, lol. but anyways, it should sound pretty decent when i finally get around to setting it all up. but yeah, like i said, the jl audio w-7 has the most accurate bass response i have heard in a sub, hands down. but i also hear great things about the adire audio brahma.

SF101 said:
18" and 15"= slopy bass imho i hate them only thing there good for its bandpassing but my opinion is somewhat biast cuz i like tight base soo...
Yea for accurate bass reproduction!!! :D I may not have great speakers but I can dream about my perfect setup... Loaded complete with piezo tweeters (filtered for >20k freqs) even though my hearings not that good :cool:

JigPu

Last edited:
Back