• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Dream PC Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spadez

Disabled
Im buying the rig of my dreams on monday. My budget was a thousand pounds, but ive gone a little over that. I cant bring myself to order the parts without running it through you guys first, i would hate to find out i wasted money or made bad choices after ive paid for all the parts. So here is my current line up:

Additional Cooling
(1x) Arctic Cooling MX-1 Thermal Compound
Total: £5

(3x) Akasa Hard Disk Cooler
Total: £14

(1x) Acousti Ultra-Soft Arrowhead Fan Mounts
Total: £4

(2x) Akasa AK-171 Copper RAM Heatsinks
Total: £14

Grand Total
Total: £1,313.33

Last edited:
I was told go for quad core since four cores at 2.4GHz = 9.6GHz whereas if i get say a 3GHz conroe with dual cores that only equals 6 GHz.

if you look at it in terms like that then sure, why not everyone go quadcore instead of conroe. But how often are you going to be utilizing all of those cores at once? I can only think of 1 game thats not even released yet that supports quad core, and there arent going to be many after that.

if your into gaming, and by the looks of the sli cards you surely are, i would go with a nice say...e6750 and have no problems hitting over 3ghz.

I was told go for quad core since four cores at 2.4GHz = 9.6GHz whereas if i get say a 3GHz conroe with dual cores that only equals 6 GHz.

It doesn't work that way. That is just people trying to advertise well. If this is your "dream rig" then go for the quad if you can afford it.

I'm not really up-to-date on hardware, but I'm pretty sure that the larger Raptors are faster.

I doubt the fan mounts for case fans will help much if you use stock fans GPU and CPU fans. If you are overclocking or care about noise, get better GPU and CPU cooling. If you don't do that, you might as well mount the case fans with normal screws.

Back