• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my E5300 has an FSB wall of 350Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Omari79

Registered
:sly: :cry:

is that normal for this CPU? or does mine sucks? and i red somewhere about an FSB wall jump..now what is that? and how can i achieve it?

Normal. My e5200 won't do over 340 without a lot of vcore.
E5xxx cpus are core2s with a defect in the FSB bits that prevents the use of normal FSB.

You got a FSB OC of 75% and you're complaining? 350MHz FSB is really good for that chip. E5XXXs aren't meant to have high FSB, they have a higher multiplier to make up for it. E5XXXs are good for motherboards that are known to have low FSB walls, so you can still get a high overall clock.

For example, I have a E5200 + Asus P5N-E 650i (425MHz FSB wall) in another system. Since the P5N-E has a low wall, an E5XXX or E7XXX is a great choice for that board. I've only tested with the 12.5 multiplier and it gets to 305MHz FSB for 3.8125GHz with only 1.28v, whereas my E8400 could only get to 3.825GHz on that board. My E8400 is at 4.335GHz on my current UD3P.

Normal. My e5200 won't do over 340 without a lot of vcore.
E5xxx cpus are core2s with a defect in the FSB bits that prevents the use of normal FSB.
Hmm. Never heard that one before. Do you have any links to this tidbit you mentioned??? I would bet its the board limiting it in this case... G41 chipset is not a noted good overclocking chipset.

I have yet to see an e5xxx that goes over 350fsb or so, most eat it around 320-340 unless you crank the volts way up.

I have yet to see an e5xxx that goes over 350fsb or so, most eat it around 320-340 unless you crank the volts way up.

2 out of 3 of mines could do 365 fully stable. If you search the forum, there's a member who had 1 which was stable at 400.

On that G31?

It doesn't really matter which chipset, thought the G31 chipset is fairly limited, E5xxx cpus can't be overclocked to very high fsbs. Even on x48 or p45 these cpus will rarely be able to go over 360mhz base frequency.

I dont think this is true.

But Most E5xxx wont do over ~340fsb like most ppl said. Few can do better. But not 1 on 2 ...

If you are in the market for that type of processors and you don't want the fsb wall, just get a Pentium E6300. These don't have an fsb wall and all have vt enabled, so you don't have to verify the sspec to make sure vt is enabled.

Back