• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My FINAL setup almost ready to order i just need a few okays

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AcidBath

Registered
I have seen the becool cooling kits that doesn't satisfy me first off i have no room for a side intake and outake it has to be on top. So here is a list of all the possible thing i will get if there is a better quality product please tell me well here it goes

$42 Maze2 Water Block
$55 Cooling Copper Cube Raditator -- I really need an ok that this is a good radiator
$5.5 1- 1/16" 1/8" and 1/4" Neoprene Sheets
$5 Water Wetter 4oz
$8 Artic Silver II
$15 YS Tech 128mm fan pulls 131 cfm
$53 Eheim 1048 Pump

Get the $60 Maze 2 because if you decide to use pelts it will handle 2 of them.

Cooling Copper Cube Raditator -- I have no experiance with this rad but I have heard many good things about it, I use a 10x5 oil cooler with 2 120mm fans, I think that if you have the room this would be better.

$5.5 1- 1/16" 1/8" and 1/4" Neoprene Sheets-- check some packing material if you have some laying around, you may already have enough closed cell foam to do the job

$5 Water Wetter 4oz-- this a good addition especially if you have more then 1 type of metal in your cooling system.

$8 Artic Silver II-- it does help (a little) and i use it but i think silver paste is overrated. i save the silver for super cooling rigs where every degree matters and just use radio shack goop for all ambient temp cooling weather air or water.

$15 YS Tech 120mm fan pulls 131 cfm-- maybe another fan for exaust? I dont have a clue as to what your case is.

$53 Eheim 1048 Pump-- I have 2 of these and they have been great.

ken257 (Apr 10, 2001 09:42 p.m.):
Get the $60 Maze 2 because if you decide to use pelts it will handle 2 of them.

Cooling Copper Cube Raditator -- I have no experiance with this rad but I have heard many good things about it, I use a 10x5 oil cooler with 2 120mm fans, I think that if you have the room this would be better.

$5.5 1- 1/16" 1/8" and 1/4" Neoprene Sheets-- check some packing material if you have some laying around, you may already have enough closed cell foam to do the job

$5 Water Wetter 4oz-- this a good addition especially if you have more then 1 type of metal in your cooling system.

$8 Artic Silver II-- it does help (a little) and i use it but i think silver paste is overrated. i save the silver for super cooling rigs where every degree matters and just use radio shack goop for all ambient temp cooling weather air or water.

$15 YS Tech 120mm fan pulls 131 cfm-- maybe another fan for exaust? I dont have a clue as to what your case is.

$53 Eheim 1048 Pump-- I have 2 of these and they have been great.

The Cube works. There is an article on it at Procooling today. Don’t waste your time with 4 oz of Water Wetter, get the large size. Sometimes things happen and you may need to discard your coolant. Artic Silver is essential for only $8. The people who think it’s overrated usually trust Socket 7 thermistors. One 131 CFM YS Tech pulling is the ticket. A second fan pushing will only get you 2C to 3C under full load. If you think you need the second fan, go for it, but if you are trying to keep the cost down, save it for later. Please note that none of this is speculation, it’s based on personal experience.

"Artic Silver is essential for only $8. The people who think it’s overrated usually trust Socket 7 thermistors"

This statement amazes me, just today I read a post "I just orderd my Arctic Silver and I can't wait till it gets here" This sounded like a younger person which often = tight buget. I see this quite often that people think that grease is going to give them much higher speeds and this is not true. In this case the $8 would have been better spent on buying a heatsink the next step up. There are many fine detailes in a system that give small returns that when added up give you results, High $ grease by itself is a waste. Very very seldome in ambient temp cooling be it water or air will grease make a differance in the speed you will reach but on the other hand in my chilled water setup I see a point where 4 degrees makes an 83mhz diff now in this case every little bit counts and the grease really does matter.

Basically what I am saying here is no grease works miracals and there may be other ways of spending that money that net a higher return.

And by the way I dont use socket temps I monitor my water temp and this a much better way for me to gauge my system.

yuah, that $8 drop could allow you to go to the next step, and the better transference could allow you to lower the voltage. Superb value!

Here is a pic of my sys w/out anything yet to let u know the space. I didn't plan on getting any pelts.

Back