• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first AMD setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

I just put together an 800 Duron with PC2100 ram on an Iwill Ka266 Plus mobo. I will be upgrading the cpu to an XP1600 here shortly. I ran 3dmark2k1 on it with a ti200 vid card and got a meager 3500 points with it. Will installing newer drivers for the chipset help that out do you think? Or is that about what I should expect with this setup? I have the cpu OC'ed only to 840 at the moment until I can get a better hsf on it. I did get it to post at 133fsb, and think with a better hsf on it it should boot into windows.

Grats My first amd setup will be tomorrow DUAL amd :) just waiting on my conductive pen to unlock then its going in the MSI K7D

<prays> I hope I dont mess up on unlocking chips tomorrow

This 800 that I am running is unlocked. The only problem is that the mobo has a new bios on it that wont allow multiplier changes.

Back