• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first mod! Nothing special here really.... (big pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cullam3n

I haven't really done anything special. I just did my first mod, which was adding two fans, one on the side blowing on the video card and one in the front being an intake/cooling hard drives. I was a little annoyed how they included a top fan and not an intake in the front... but it's much more fun making your own!

Oh if you are wondering... Yes I did bend the metal on the side of the case. And I'm also using three screws... I didn't feel like drilling the rest.

DSC00089.JPG

DSC00085.JPG

DSC00091.JPG

-PC

Last edited:

Twist

1. funner?
2. You should probably screw the last 2 screws in for the fan or you may get some nasty vibrations (hmmm)
3. Stealth that CD drive, it looks funny, white-on-gray

Just some suggestions

OP
cullam3n

cullam3n

Twist said:
1. funner?
2. You should probably screw the last 2 screws in for the fan or you may get some nasty vibrations (hmmm)

Just some suggestions

1. I meant much more fun. lol
2. I have noticed that, but i have fixed that.
3. I was going to get around to paint it, but stealthing it could be a better idea. =)

Thanks warlord! I'll think about the window.

-PC

OP
cullam3n

cullam3n

Wow, according to Speedfan and the S.M.A.R.T. things on the hard drives, after adding this intake my hard drive temperature went down nearly 10C!

-PC

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
Twist said:
1. funner?

Just some suggestions

i know how he feels about the white drives... except mine are white on black :D luckily i have an antec case so it has a door that covers my 2 cd-roms, hd rack and floppy drive, all white. hehe someday i will get around to painting them...

KiKaL

thats a nice looking case. I say put a window on the side. That would look spiffy : P

DaveSauce

I think your front fan is a bit off center...heh.

Measuring is VERY important when modding your case....trust me, heh. When I added a window to my case (look at it!) I failed to measure the inside of my case. Result? I drilled some holes not realizing that they were in a position where the would interfere with the case.....so now I guess I have to glue the bolt heads over the holes, hehe.

I also noticed that there's a hole above the side fan? Is that a camera trick, or did you drill in the wrong spot? Again, thats why measuring is VITAL to modding. An ignored measurement, or a mis-measured measurement, can ruin your mod...thankfully, I still pulled mine off with a bit of thinking.

Very good temps tho, heh. I really should add a side panel fan...might be my next project....