• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first modded PC - What do ya think?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No, I am just a hobbyist. Everything from R/C cars to model trains. I have just done a lot of spray painting on various things. This is my first PC though. My secrets are... spray until it looks like it's ready to drip. Let dry, wet sand, spray again.

Wow,looks really great, good work man! I Love the color also, Orange is my Girlfriend's favorite color, she would totally dig that comp! :p

-Orange Fire.

that is one sweet looking rig man! keep it up :D

the top, will it have a window, because im confused about you saying window, and that metal plate.. or is the metal plate going to have a window in it? (in the shape of FX FUSION)

Jognt said:
that is one sweet looking rig man! keep it up :D

the top, will it have a window, because im confused about you saying window, and that metal plate.. or is the metal plate going to have a window in it? (in the shape of FX FUSION)

Yeah, the metal plate will just have the text FX FUSION cut into it, and some other design around the letters to open it up a bit. I want to be able to see down into the case as much as possible. It will have florescent plexiglas or lexan under the metal top plate so the light inside the case will shine through the letters and design and make it glow.

I got the door installed. Now maybe you can see why I left the fan controller unpainted. The brushed aluminum matches the trim on the door. I was thinking about painting it, but now after seeing it together I am leaving it alone.
100_0375.jpg

I can see why you left the fan controller unpainted now, it looks good like that. Can't wait for the finished product!

Too much orange is overkill though, it's like a blue case, with blue led's with blue cathode ray tubes, with blue drives... Blech. Keep the fan silver

Sweet looking project. Wish my friend's that are CNC operators could make write progs for parts I can draw up. And from years of rattle can experience, along with shooting with guns and airbrushes I agree with how you paint... if it won't melt from the solvents load it up to make the paint flow out smooth. Just don't make it run that always sucks :D

Here's the logo that will be cut into the top of the case.
logo.gif

I was trying to match the chrome trim on the case. It has a bunch of crescent moon type shapes as you can see (reposting pic of pc for reference).
100_0375.jpg

I am writing the program now, and will try to find space on a mill tonight at work to cut it out.
What do you think?

Last edited:
2FastFX said:
Here's the logo that will be cut into the top of the case.
*image was here*

I was trying to match the chrome trim on the case. It has a bunch of crescent moon type shapes as you can see (reposting pic of pc for reference).
*image was here*

I am writing the program now, and will try to find space on a mill tonight at work to cut it out.
What do you think?

looking very good :) maybe you want to have the letters in Bold-ish style? so more light can shine through ;) good job on the case, it really looks nice :D (also, indeed dont paint the controller :))

I've actually added some more details to open it up a bit more.
logo2.gif

I sacrificed bold letters for the style of text I wanted. The text was all drawn up in Autocad BTW. It wasn't a font. Just my own creation, just as the name of the system was something pulled out of thin air :D

Last edited:
i like the new logo plus as people have been saying it will let more light through.
Out of interest where did you get the alias fx fusion?? or is it random well what ever it is it looks blimmin good on the top of the case. well done and i cant wait to see the finished thing

p.s. when this is done i would ask a mod to tidy this tread up and then i vote for a sticky!!!!

It's kind of silly actually. FX not only fits my username, but the photo altering and animation I do as a hobby can be considered "effects". Fusion basically represents my creativity and interest in graphic design, modeling, artwork, machining, and computers all melding into one. That, and it just sounded cool :D

Here's a pic I Photochopped to show you a bit of my other creative side. This started out as a plain red 4cyl Mustang convertible. And as you can see I really like orange...
jan31shootout003.jpg

Original...
jan31shootout-original.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have Illustrator. That's just a screen shot of Autocad. I'm not too worried about how that image looks as it was just posted here for reference anyway. It's not the finished product by any means. The actual smoothness of an Autocad drawing is impossible to beat with any simple drawing program. And when you tell a CNC mill to sweep an arc it sweeps a perfect arc with no jaggies :D

Off topic:
I added the original to the post of the Mustang photo.

There are about 101 different ways to change the color of something in Photoshop. That tutorial shows you the most basic of all of them. Try feathering your selection a couple pixels, desaturate the original layer, create a new overlay layer, and fill the selection with color in the new layer. Create multiple layers and play with different blending modes on different layers and you will see all kinds of weird effects.

Last edited:
Back