• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first overclock, please look.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hello,

This is my first proper overclock please tell me what you think.
My crappy 2100+ Palamino stock is 1.733GHz I now have it at 2.002GHz!
(154FSB*13) @ 1.8vCore.
Ram Timings: 11-2-2-2.5
It is running stable, I daren't go any faster.
It is showing as a 2700+ now though, my friend thinks I actually changed my chip as he bet me a printer that I couldn't get it to over 2.0GHz, and I did.

Now excuse my n00b-ism but I believe that 2GHz on a Palamino is rather good is it not?
Idle temps: 33*c
4hours @ full load: 44*c

Sorry I don't know what happened there with the double post.

Thanks!

i had a 2100+ Pally and couldnt get above 1850MHz so YES, I think thats a great OC for that chip. i also think that is a great way to learn. (on a cheap chip you dont care all that much about) then when you "know what your doing" you can step up to better parts. ENJOY!

have you run Prime95 on that OC? or is it just stable enough to start windows?

I can run Prime95 fine for 30mins I haven't run it any longer.
I can play games, run 3DMark 2001se & 2003.
I basically works fine.

Can't wait until my Barton arrives!

Either you have a Palomino that should go in a OC hall of fame, or your using a TBredB (I think you would notice the 512KB cache in a CPUID program). 2.0GHZ is really good for a Palomino and I don't think you are using one. See if it overclocks higher. Goto 1.85v.

It is a Palamino is says it is in CPU-Z and on the chip the stepping is something like 2100DMT3C forgive me if I am wrong, it is something like that.

I tried going higher.
It booted on 156FSB but would not load up windows.
I think when CPU Database it back I shall have to put this chip in there!

You have to run Prime95 for at least 12hours to consider your OC somewhat stable, or better even 24hours. I know I run Prime95 for 24 hours before I even dare to consider my rig stable...
Also, can u run GCPUID (my sig) to confirm its a palomino?
Give it more voltage and see what it can do...

Back