• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Water Cooling, Please Post Suggestions!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deadzone

Hello all. This is my new system but i need alot of advise. Ive posted pictures from the first configuration i made with the Rad inside the case and Glycol base coolant. The other is the system but with the Rad outside at the top and using Methanol - Distilled Water as coolant. I thougth this one was going to be better but the temp has risen from 37C ( Glycol ) to 55C ( Methanol - DW ). I may think that the problem is on the rad since it had better cooling in the first option with the 2 case fan outside, but then i thougth that the heat from the case was raising the temp and i took it outside.

Pelase post any suggestion on what to change o add to the system to get the best cooling.

*Also not that i havent done any OC to the system yet!!!

Attachments

• setsa.jpg
    setsa.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 100

NeoMoses

ouch! 55C is hot for any type of watecooling. Work on getting better case cooling, and you'll be able to put the rad. inside the case and still keep load temps under 40C.

btw, what componenets are in your watercooling system? I can't determine from the pics.

OP
deadzone

deadzone

OK the complete system is from SYSFX.net i can say they S***k on the tech support side. The rad its pretty good since it will pump all the way to the top.

Do you think that getting the the rad inside will give me better temp? or soulhd i put 2 fan on the rad outside?

The case has basically good cooling since it has 2 intake 80mm and 2 outtake 80mm.

Please advise