• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My friend needs a sub $1000 lappy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yuriman

My friend's old P2 lappy died, so now he wants a new one. Sub $1000. He prefers amd, but if you can get a Pentium M for that price he will get it. He doesnt game much, but if you see a lappy that has an XP in it but a nice video card, show it plz. Anything sub $1000 and new goes!

twump

frys is selling an xp2800 compaq lappy for just under $700 after $30 rebate

xp2800
256mb
30gb
15" xga

my mom has the older xp1800 version and its a pretty nice rig.

OP
Yuriman

Yuriman

Its actualy $800 after rebates. I showed him that lappy at compusa, and he liked it. Its cheaper at frys so it looks good. Keep em coming.

twump

Yuriman said:
Its actualy $800 after rebates. I showed him that lappy at compusa, and he liked it. Its cheaper at frys so it looks good. Keep em coming.

the one i was looking at today was not $800. it was $695 after a $30 rebate

compusa and circuit city sell it for $800 frys sells it for $700 thats why i was looking at it ;)

cursor

Check the dell deals at Fatwallet. The problem with most of those cheapos is that they are heavy and hot. If that's not a problem for you, then go for it. I got one a while back and sold it on. There was a dell around $1000 that was a 5 lb centrino. That would be the way to go IMHO.