• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Gaming Rig.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DerekDRP

Disabled
Hi all. love the forum. great people/info/eyecandy. I would liek to say i am building a gaming rig ( first try ever ) . doing well. here are some pictures ( warning dial up users BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Attachments

• CaseMainboard.JPG
    CaseMainboard.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 375
  • justfreslyaddedthemobo.JPG
    justfreslyaddedthemobo.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 288
  • moboandthecaseforshow.JPG
    moboandthecaseforshow.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 297
  • moboInTheCase.JPG
    moboInTheCase.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 292
  • persideview.JPG
    persideview.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 331

DarkDraco

looks nice and clean so far. what type of cooling do you plan on using?

and WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
DerekDRP

DerekDRP

Disabled
DarkDraco ( normal air pushing power by the fans: ) ( volcano 12 extream all aluminum heatsink and fan thermaltake again ) sorry love their products.

Tbones.
Ram:512 megs of ddram 3200's corsehair
Vram:geforce ultra 5200 128 megs ( ddram )
CPU:amd athlon xp pro 2500+ ( Barton ). ( will over clock it )
Psu:420 not sure the brand name .
Hardrive:Maxtor 120 gig drive.
Mods:Cathiod light kit /w sound activation red/blue.
( more to come soon )

Xenocide
whats wrong with thermaltake? i heard good things from them via ( newegg ) my all time new favoright store :)

magick_man

Forum Magician
looks nice, a couple things.
1: did u cut the window or did it come like that?
2: make sure to cut out those restrictive stamped fan grils (go for wire grills or none at all)
3: maybe instead of the volcano 12 you should get the thermalright sp-97 (i have the intel version of this hs *sp-94* and it rocks)

looking good and now you need to whip out the dremel and MOD IT :)

~Magick_Man~

[edit] aaah i feel like such a noob, i just saw the pic of the case and it came with the window :bang head [edit/]

magick_man

Forum Magician
for the grills i am talking about using a pair of tin snips or a dremel or something to remove the piece of matal infront of the fan so you can get better air flow with less noise

phkz

like that

~Magick_Man~

Drec

a gaming rig? with a 5200 ultra? what games you going to be playing? starcraft?

Thermaltake is decent...thermalright is better..i run a Tt HS and a volcano...it could be better but the cooling/money ratio is better then anyone else.

and i hope you got a mobile barton, much better for OCing.

PHILIP1193

lol a 5200 i no good at all, i would only use that if i was going for cheap office comp that would only run windows lol. you need to shell out for a little bit better graphics card e.g. msi 5900xt then flash bios to 5950 ultra ill give u guide if u want?

Please dont use that card i ahve seen it bench at 6000 or around there for 3mark 01 (and that is naff) sorry but seriously if yr doing gaming do it right.

Phil

OP
DerekDRP

DerekDRP

Disabled
Magick_man thanks bro. i see what i can do ( will add better fans too the led ones ).

Drac bro I play SWG/ kotor / Bf1942 galatic wars ( swg mod ) / gta vc /splinter cell. / and deux ex ( i want to get xii soon looks cool. ) and yea i can play all thease full grahics except except for starwars galaxie's lags like a b**** at full. so only runs it half way.

Philip dont worrie bro I am planing on getting the radion 9800 pro soon ( I want it red ) thats my colour scheme )

Btw btw Magick_man
cutting out the back plates ( on the fan's like that are mods as well ) in yoshi's on words on the TSS.

SpaceRangerJoe

You can play about any game on a 5200, as long as you dont care about high resolutions. My buddy still has a GF2 pro, and he plays C&C generals, BF1942, and some other stuff. But he has a huge monitor which doesn't do very high res, so it's not a big deal.
setup.jpg

OP
DerekDRP

DerekDRP

Disabled
lol nice speakers looks like pair of 8's lol.

err 4 8's with 2 ports :)

anyways built my system. here she is ( ugly lol the cold cathiod light sucks ****.

Attachments

• InTheDark.JPG
    InTheDark.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 103
  • Perspectiveviewallbuilt.JPG
    Perspectiveviewallbuilt.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 99

magick_man

Forum Magician
that is looking pretty good but now you need to do something about all those wires in the way of airflow.
tuck them off to the side or into an empty bay somewhere.
and yeah that ccfl sucks :)

~Magick_Man~