• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My God, this is horrible...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

taeyun0000

Registered
Just built a new rig, run for 2 days, and faced with this horrible display problem.

A lot of thin white horizontal line on the monitor, and the window becomes millions of tiny color dots when moving opened windows. Only part of screen can be seen.

The horizontal lines also appears when start booting, showing only part of BIOS info. Again, only part of screen can be seen, and I cannot play with my BIOS setup.

Oh, my God¡¦ What¡¯s going on?

Here is my Rig info:
FSP/Sparkle 350W 120 mm Fan
Mother board: ABIT IT7 MAX2 ver.2.0
ATI RADEON 9500 PRO AGP 128MB
P4 533 2.4B Retail / Zalman CNPS7000-Cu
Corsair CMX512-3500C2
Dual Maxtor 80GC 8MB buffer
Lite On 52x24x52
Toshiba 16X DVD-ROM Drive

dead monitor? defective vid card? do you have another system that you can swap parts around with to test and see if you've got a bad part... almost sounds like a horrible case of artifacts

Runnning dual monitors, fine for two days. Difficult to believe two of them have the same problem. The problem sometimes gone for some time, and comes back...

Yeah, but exactly the same problem happens on the two different monitors (TFT 15" & CRT 17"). Two VGA cables can be defactive at the same time???

Any technical problem between XP pro and Radeon 9500 Pro you guys experienced before ?

if u wana no for sure if its the video card or not take screen shots press print screen then go to ms paint and paste in there and scroll down to see if it is or not

Can you tell me a bit more after paste paint? Scroll down and then what tells it's due to the card or not?

taeyun0000 said:
Yeah, but exactly the same problem happens on the two different monitors (TFT 15" & CRT 17"). Two VGA cables can be defactive at the same time???

When it comes to computers, yes, thats very possible.

Sorta off topic here, but i just love when people say "why doesnt this work anymore? it worked a second ago!" hehe

Well, thanks a lot, guys for the comments. Talked to ATI tech. Rep. and told me that it is a defective card.

I tried with a new PCI card tonight (All-In-Wonder-7500), and everything worked fine. I'm gonna RMA 9500 Pro.

TYP

Back