• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My green q6600...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vivek

I finally got around to using the asus epu with my maximus formula. the results are awesome.

162 watts @ 2.4 ghz idle ***these two are from anandtech's website and represent the entire system's power usage
205 watts @ 2.4ghz load

with epu: ******this is just the cpu

16 watts @2.4 ghz idle
62 watts @ 2.4 ghz load (during prime small ffts)

it cant run under overclocked mode which really sucks, but i guess i can just restart and load my oc profile before gaming...

Last edited:

MIAHALLEN

I finally got around to using the asus epu with my maximus formula. the results are awesome.

162 watts @ 2.4 ghz idle ***these two are from anandtech's website
205 watts @ 2.4ghz load

with epu:

16 watts @2.4 ghz idle
62 watts @ 2.4 ghz load (during prime small ffts)

it cant run under overclocked mode which really sucks, but i guess i can just restart and load my oc profile before gaming...

How are you measuring that? That sounds too good to be true :confused:

MIAHALLEN

humm...interesting...so they make the software to save power, and they make the software that reports power savings too...:eh?: :D

IMHO, it gives a better picture if you measure power of the entire rig at the outlet ;)

OP
V

vivek

how do i that? what do i need? i really wanna see the diff too..if u want i can post some screenshots of the software's reporting..

OP
V

vivek

i really think it makes a diff. the vcore is significantly reduced. im going to see if i can get a kill-a-watt, but this is just to show you what I'm saying..

Attachments

• ai gear3.jpg
    ai gear3.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 140

ps2cho

Not possible. I will be releasing a power consumption article in the next week on the front page and from my testing so far, that is not possible. Not even close.

16w idle? Come on...:screwy:

OP
V

vivek

i agree..it does sound too good..but what about the load usage in the pic i posted? when you do ur article, could you include ur q6600 rig? its very similar to my setup..im eagerly waiting to read ur article..

ps2cho

If you add on about 100w to that load it seems more reasonable. 62w would be your graphics card ALONE.

SkiBum1207

yeah 16w would be almost atom level! get a kill a watt, it will come in handy lonnng in the future! I wonder if the software uses an actual amperage shunt or just uses Ohms law to try to guess the amperage due to the voltage drop...

Boulard83

These are all for the entire system. Watercooled + ~10 fans + 4 hdds.

E6850 @ 3.6ghz on a P5N32-e SLi
Idle : ~180w
+ CPU 100% : ~260w

Q9550 @ 3.825ghz on an Asus P5Q
Idle : ~150w
+ CPU 100% : ~250w

I7 920 @ 4.008ghz on a P6TD Deluxe
Idle : ~180w
+ CPU 100% : ~280w