• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Harddrive LED doesn't do anything...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

WTF! My HD LED just sits there and looks at me(it's on but never ever blinks)! Shouldn't it be blinking when my HD is actually doing something?? How can I fix this? I know that I put the connectors in right. I don't know why this is happening. I have a Maxtor 40GB hard drive.

Last edited:
HDD led

I have a Maxtor d740x, and the HDD light does blink, but its lit solidly most of the time... like 90% of the time.

Did you try the led in both ways? I had a problem with a really old AT case once, the LED on the other end was in backwards so i had to put the connector in backwards to get it to work.

If thats not the case perhaps the header on the mobo is bad or the LED is bad. test to see if it works with the power_on LED.

WeaponX already has a brand new blue led i bought it with him at rat shack :)

I have the same case he has just not in black mine's white, you think maybe its a case problem with the hookup? it shorts or something?

I havent finished building my pc in my antec sx1040 case but it will be soon finished and i will tell you guys if i have the same problem! :) hopefully .....not

What i meant by the LED just sits there and looks at me is that it's always on. Even whent he computer is in standby, it is on. I can set the hard drive to stop spinning, and it will still be on. If I put the LED in backwards, it won't turn on at all.

Captain Slug said:
That or he bought the wrong voltage. 1.7 Volt leds work best but any lower and it will stay on all the time.

yeah, that is possable. if the mobo is on then usualy a little power will be leaking out the LED header, not usualy enought to power a 2-5volt LED to a noticable amout but it will light up a low volt LED. Does the LED seem bright or dim?

weaponx's problem happenned even with th e original right voltage led that came with the case. im suspecting a bad mobo header. is there any we he can fix this hes got a A7A266

Back