• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Homemade Plexi/Silver water block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Mr. $T$ said:

yep right on, that will stand the pressure:cool:

Ok, now my point, how would you get that coin in there? Other than coming in from the other side?

Good point.....Hmmm....Cut the top off and buy a water block gasket and 6 long bolts :)

Mr. $T$ said:
IFMU how does that 10k SCSI preform:cool: Worth the money to get SCSI

TO be honest, havent really noticed THAT much of an improvement. But Im also running off of a scsi controller card... But there are times I hear that sucker kickin in fierce!~! I imagine if I was using a regular ide, it would crash during these times...

Mr. $T$ said:
Good point.....Hmmm....Cut the top off and buy a water block gasket and 6 long bolts :)
LoL... well just a little late for this one!~! But the chipset block!~! :D Hmm... time for some thinking!~!

Maybe I can use this for my next waterblock, chipset here I come :D

Ok, Ive had it.... Im sick and freakin tired of running this hsf thing. Im not done with my case which is specificlly made for my water rig. But Im done waiting. I want to test this sucker out. Im doing it outside of a case so it wont be superbly easy to set up. But I have a motherboard tray that Im placing this all onto.
Tomorrow Im going to strip this mobo down and mod this tray so I can set it all up. I will be able to finally give solid temps or a post of complete failure. (Pray to whatever you consider a god cuz if this fries Im out of alot of dough!~!)

Here is how it all stands now.
ASUS A7N266
384 PC2100ram
1.4 T~Bird @ 1.514
9x168

idle temps of
44C core
29 nForce

full load temps running folding@home
47C core
29 nForce

Tomorrow night, I should be back with a full update as to how it goes.

IFMU

Ok, IM running on it now.... I was worried that it wouldnt do that well, and well I was right... dayum.... Ive hit 51C.

Its possible that it could be more than just the block. Im running off of a low power pump, and A rad that did me decent in the past but it may not be that well now... ah well...

As Stompah said, it looks cool!~!
LMFAO

But thats all good..... Ive got plenty of ideas with all the silver I have coming in!~!

Yes I had, and the temps sucked gass.. LoL....

Ive broke it down and Im trying something else when I get the chance, just doing so much right now havent really had the chance too.

The temps I think were very solid around 48-50. Idle and full load. The temp held very steady, just the temps werent all that great. LoL..

Ah well, live an learn eh?

WAZZAAAA! :eek:

Edit- and could someone explain wich stars are higher than wich, without of course giving me greif about "umm click ranks" or something similar, i would rather ask than work =p:rolleyes:

Edit- yes tahts right, more newbie questions :O
what if any new "powers" you are allowed to do on the site.

IFMU,

I hope I am wrong but I am unable to see the rest of the pics.
I don't even see any links to the pics.

Brian

Back