• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My I5 750 at 4.0ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TaCoSwInDeZ

Here's a few benchmarks of my rig. Voltages are 1.335/vcore - 1.19/vtt - 1.9/Pll - 1.06/pch.

Benchmarks.jpg

EDIT - Max temperatures using 5 runs of IBT on high with fan settings near silent. Still haven't figured out why there is such a large difference between the first and last cores.

Benchmark2.gif

Any comments?

Last edited:
OP
T

TaCoSwInDeZ

Here's a 3dmark06 run with my graphics card at its native 626-1350-1053 clocks. After dinner I may post up results from my highest stable GPU clocks so far.
3dmark06-2.jpg
]

*UPDATE*
Here is the same rig with GPU overclocked to what i've found to be the most stable for 24/hr use of 648-1404-1400.

3dmark06-3.jpg

And Brutal I haven't tried to lower the PLL I was just simply following a suggestion from another forum. So far I would have to say its pretty stable. I haven't actually run prime for more than 30 or so minutes but it did that without errors and it's been crunching Rosetta for the past 32+ hours non-stop at these settings without a single calculation error.

Last edited:
OP
T

TaCoSwInDeZ

That is the render scene for Cinebench R10. Its a cpu rendering program used to give your CPU a render score, the faster the better.

OP
T

TaCoSwInDeZ

Yea too bad my card is the older 65nm version of the 260. If it was the 55nm version I've seen those o/c to just over 700-1500 on the clock and shaders pushing the performance well over a reference clocked 275 and very near a 285.

Brutal-Force

I have the newer Maxcore, and honestly I can barely push it over 700 with like 1450 shaders. Of course I don't have extra cooling or anything on it either. I still need to run 3DMark06 on it with Card overclocked. I think I had like a 18816 or something like that.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LM3ymtCqxvw/S0D_Q--hTcI/AAAAAAAAAVA/9NTPuvf2P3k/175BclkTurboBoost

Sorry this was while I was running 3500MHz with Turbo Boost. Now I am running at 4.2, so I still have to Bench.

Last edited:
OP
T

TaCoSwInDeZ

I've already decided that a 5870 is going to be my next card of choice when funds allow. It would be nice if SETI could use ATi's directcompute but to my knowledge they don't have one of those clients yet so ill use this card along with my old AMD gear with a new quad cpu as a dedicated folding/Seti machine later on. Ive already got a Case and PSU waiting for some gear to go inside.

Brutal-Force

I am not feeling the need for more GPU as I don't game that much. I use my Rig as a Oversized HTPC. Although another 260 would be nice. Maybe you can sell me yours when you upgrade. :) Let me know so we can work out a deal.

OP
T

TaCoSwInDeZ

:thup: I'll be sure to let you know when that time comes, might be a while though as im waiting to get called back to my job but hopefully within the next month or so. I also contemplated another 260 but decided I just wanted to go with 1 really powerful GPU. I would go with a 5970 but I just cannot justify paying that much for 1 video card as 400 already seems a little crazy as is.