• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My last WU for overclockers.com and it is sorta weird

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AmigoThree

I normally wouldn't mention that I am moving to another team but I thought this was pretty weird.

Well first of all, sometime in january me, and a bunch of others at the PC games forum over at gamespot.com just got fed up with the way the forum was turning into so we decided to start our own. So one guy made up and EZ-board message board called PC Gamers oasis that we all posted on until the summer, but due to problems there (with the service, not the community) we wanted to go and make a full fledged site. So we started up pcgamersoasis.com and originally we were going to just have it be message boards but then we just recently started to make it more of a full fledged gaming website. So with members submittin reiviews/columns and other stuff, we got all the info and we just await for our sole webmaster to start putting them up on the site.

Well anyway, after almost 5 full months of being just a message board and with the design of our site mostly done waiting for content to be added, we put up a vote to see how we wanted to get some more members. And after that being up for a week or two, the results were unanimous, we were going to submit to search engines.

Well now that we may be getting more members it acctually made sense for me that this was the time to start that folding team I wanted to start. So I went ahead (after approval from the sysop) and started it and made PCGO team number 12534. So this afternoon was my last WU for OC team 32. So I went to check what place I had finished in...

I was number 333 when I quit. And if you look at my name you will probably see that that is my favorite and lucky number. I am also the "third" in my family (dad being juniour, grandfather being senior). And you know when that WU finished.... 3PM Est!

Well I just though I would share two stories with you right there, 1st about our website which all leads up to our new folding team and my last WU for you guys.

masitti

Wow man... that's pretty freaky! Anyways, good luck with the new team, and thanks for helping. Fold on...

ChillPhatCat

You want to hear about freaky? I'm a member of the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) which gives me insurance to fly radio controlled planes... My number is 537620, and last night at work I was writing down what trash tag number we were on(we sell them at the convenience store) and it was 537620, my fellow coworker didn't seem to share the moment with me though. LOL

OP
AmigoThree

AmigoThree

O I will always be here for your folding forums and all the forums for that matter, seeing that currently we have 3 dedicated folders (atleast 3 computers folding 24/7) and the SysOp won't give me a forum until I get a few more members.

Woohoo I have 18 points for my new team, but I didnt change my one computer over yet because it doesnt have a keyboard or monitor or anything and I am too lazy to take mine and put it in there because winxp doesnt like my keyboard/mouse when I plug them back in without rebooting.

masitti

AmigoThree said:

Woohoo I have 18 points for my new team, but I didnt change my one computer over yet because it doesnt have a keyboard or monitor or anything and I am too lazy to take mine and put it in there because winxp doesnt like my keyboard/mouse when I plug them back in without rebooting.

That's ok... see lazyness in this type of scenario is ok! :D

NASsoccer

On a string I was held Senior
Goodluck with the new team, if there is anything we can help with just fire away and we wiill be glad to help out. Thanks for folding with us and I hope that the new team will reach more and more people and help spread the news about folding! Look forward to hearing from you!

FOLD ON
NAS

solidsnakexix

Sorry to see you go, I hope you bought a lottery ticket cause that is just freaky. Best of luck with your new team, it is good to know you are staying with the cause.

-solidsnakexix