• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My list of games that I thought kicked @ss

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

11/10 Mass Effect: Excellent story, greatest plot twist, lots of options and possibilities. Played on X2 +4000 - 8800

High five.

You HAVE to play Mass Effect 2. The story is less compelling but it has Charlie Sheen in it. :shrug: :clap:. Also, many, many hot Asari. (Agh I'm a nerd...)

Martin Sheen. you had me imdbing my butt off for a second there bud.

My list:

Quake 3:

Nothing beats the competitiveness of it. It's one of the few titles that demands so much exacting performance from a mouse and pad, as well as your sound system. It's one of the few games I've ever wished I could play professionally. I am not a unique and beautiful butterfly though, and accordingly I'm pissed off, but nevertheless I enjoy the game. (sorry for the fight club reference)

the first time I played this game was on my old AMD laptop, a Athlon (socket A) with 512MB of RAM and an onboard ATI card. It ran flawlessly then, and with the advent of Quakelive, the game is fresh and exciting again with lots of players to spar with. Plus it's probably the best browser based game I've ever seen.

Assassin's Creed (1, and 2):

While the gameplay is sub par compared to some other games of it's type (the game was a fork from Prince of Persia originally, being the more serious of the two games), the storyline is top notch and had me at the edge of my seat. I also found the combat easy to master, although repetitive. The trick to enjoying this game for me at least is during your first play through avoid the side quests and extra content; focus on your assassination targets so you can get to the juicy goodness of the assassin's creed alt history storyline!

I played this game on my primary setup I have now and will probably replay it again sometime soon. (i5 750 (3.8), GTX 260)

Mirror's Edge:

The visuals are breathtaking! So breathtaking that with good AA and v sync, screen caps of this game on eyefinity are some of the best 5760x1200 wallpapers I could find. Also the game makes extensive use of physX for those capable of meeting it's requirements, falling glass rippling sheets and flags... and the game follows something I believe is important: ease of use over realism. The aesthetic of the game is more like WoW, and less like Crysis, I can at a glance see what's going on and respond to the situation rapidly, making the game more about skill and less about how pretty it is... despite the game being absolutely breathtaking. the game play is also remarkably unique, focusing on faith's (the main character) ability to freerun rather than the use of fire arms. While you can disarm an enemy and use his weapon against him, faith will discard the weapon after it's expended and will also not move as quickly or be capable of all of her moves while carrying a weapon; this is a good way of using "realism" to force a gameplay idea.

There is one part of the game in a garage where you basically run through the garage killing one guy at a time and cycling through their weapons as you go. It's epic and very "movie-ish". (i5 750 (3.8), GTX 260)

Mechwarrior 4 - Mercenaries:

Perhaps the best thing about this game is that recently it was purchased from Microsoft by a board game company to be used for table top stuff, and that company okayed for mektek, the one company that modded the crap out of the game, to release it FOR FREE (as in beer). So essentially, the game is free and comes standard modded by mektek, for the purist this may be a bad thing, but I am okay with more content for free. Anyway, aside from occasional pathing issues this game is amazing. Hopefully they fix the pathing for Mechwarrior 5.

Last edited:
Back