• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My micro ATX water cooled project is done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
Yes you can fit a good water cooling system in a micr atx case. This project is done for now. I want to add a 156 watt pelt but it will be a while.

p4-1.jpg

I ended up with a push pull configuration for the 120mm fans. It was quite tricky cutting a hole and chopping up the fan to fit in the front of the case. The pulling fan simply velcrows to the back of the radiator. I like velcrow so my pump relay next to the rear fan is velcrowed on and the pump is stuck to the bottom of the case with velcrow.

b5.jpg

b11.jpg

Last edited:

pudgy-duck

Bender;

Look's good!!!!! I assume from looking at the water block mount, that this must be your P4 2 Gig setup. Is that an Inwin case? If so, what model number?

Stay Cool

Pudge

f155mph

Nice job. What kinda of temp are you getting from that? I hope nothing breaks on you. That thing looks like a sardine can.:D

OP
Bender

Bender

I get 40-42c max depending on room temp. I think Asus Probe is high so I'll try my compnurse if I can rig it up the the cap of the CPU. The CPU is generating about the same as an overclocked athlon. I'm running 1.85v at 2.9 GHz but not shure how many watts of heat that is.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
nice... i guess what my question is gona be is which system is kickin more *** your xp or your intel.

OP
Bender

Bender

The intel is faster for now. I'm waiting on copper to make a coldplate to use with my 226 watt pelt for the athlon. Once the P4 gets its pelt if it ever does it will remain the all around speed king.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
just wondering i love my amd systems but ive ben hearing good things about intells northwood cpus and im tring to decide wether i can get more out of a new amd system or an intell i know they overclock alot further but at less gain at the higher speed

OP
Bender

Bender

ssjwizard said:
nice... i guess what my question is gona be is which system is kickin more *** your xp or your intel.

Get an XP if you want best bang for the buck. It takes a northwood system a much higher overclock to reach the performance of an athlon. The only Northwood I can reccomend is the 1.6 or 1.8 since they are priced only slightly higher than a faster model athlon XP. RD ram is very good for the P4 but its not as overclocking friendly as most ddr.

Silversinksam

Moderator/ Silver Paste Taster©
Bender said:

Get an XP if you want best bang for the buck. It takes a northwood system a much higher overclock to reach the performance of an athlon. The only Northwood I can reccomend is the 1.6 or 1.8 since they are priced only slightly higher than a faster model athlon XP. RD ram is very good for the P4 but its not as overclocking friendly as most ddr.

HEHE, I just ordered a 1.6a (ES);) and a 1.8a

I'll keep the better of the two.....got my Williamette up on the Auction block now at Ebay.....I refuse to sell it in the classifieds as I wouldnt want an Overclocker to get this turkey. ;)

jdmcnudgent

Silversinksam said:

HEHE, I just ordered a 1.6a (ES);) and a 1.8a

I'll keep the better of the two.....got my Williamette up on the Auction block now at Ebay.....I refuse to sell it in the classifieds as I wouldnt want an Overclocker to get this turkey. ;)
1.6a (es), where did you order that from?:D