• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Mobile stinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dicecca112

I can't get this freaking thing stable, I wanted a small oc, just 200mhz, I wanted 2.2, so I set it to 1.50 volts, primed and all was good. Then I started getting instability in high load situations, like running games and such. I had it up to 1.65v and still it happened. my stepping is iqyha 0352 mpmw. Temps were 36idle, 41load. Anyone want to enlighten me as to what I did wrong?

maybe up your volts some more and OC your RAM a little, thats all i can think of

dicecca112 said:
but it was only at 2.2 and it wasn't stable at 1.65v!

what about your ram?
what fsb are you running at?
is you ram able to run at that fsb??

dicecca112 said:
I can't get this freaking thing stable, I wanted a small oc, just 200mhz, I wanted 2.2, so I set it to 1.50 volts, primed and all was good. Then I started getting instability in high load situations, like running games and such. I had it up to 1.65v and still it happened. my stepping is iqyha 0352 mpmw. Temps were 36idle, 41load. Anyone want to enlighten me as to what I did wrong?

dice... I just got the same chip & stepping yesterday & it was able to go 200 X12 @ 1.6vcore w/ no problems...

I agree with the other comments, check memory, m/b, cooling.... These tend to cause the problems.. Good luck.

memory memtest no errors after 10 passes. FSB 200, multiplier 11. Temps were verified with a temp probe.

So your memory isn't the problem. Well every chip is different. Try 1.7...

What ram timings are you using?

Usually an too-overclocked videocard will show artifacts far before it begins crashing games or high-load applications.

Most high-load crashes are due to unstability because of overclocking (too far on too little voltage), insufficient power supply, or too much heat. He seems to have a good powersupply and seems to have decent temperatures ( if they're correct...)

So I'm left to assume it's still the overclock... but you could try the card if you like...

PS Camacho: modify your sig bro - somehow I don't think you have 420 fsb with a mobile chip... ;)

well I tried in my rig at it's rated specs, and it won't even boot. When I did get it to boot it wasn't prime stable for 3 minutes, computer restarted. So I went to my buddies house and ran it in his at specs, and same deal. So I am about to leave to mail this back to newegg via RMA.

Good luck with the replacement!

I've heard excellent things about the current steppings newegg is shipping for the 2600.

Mine has the same stepping as yours... Got it yesterday from Newegg...

dicecca112 said:
what is it, I thought the one I had was the current stepping? (iqyha 0352 mpmw)

Thanks...

I really haven't had a chance to play with it much (as I'm a working stiff during the days..)

The highest I've tried so far is 200X12.5 = 2500Mhz... Vcore was 1.62. I tuned it back a bit to 12 X 200 as I want to burn it in a little before I start fine tuning the settings.

I started prime95 & will see how things look in a few hours.

As I'm a newbie to the OC world any suggestions on the setting would be appreciated.

My setup is as follows:
Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe M/B, v 1011 bios
Athlon 2600 mobile, Thermaltake Volcano 12
1 GB Patriot PC 3200 memory (dual channel 2X512mb), 2-3-2-5, 1.7 vdimm
ATI AIW 9700 Pro
1 WD 80GB & 1 WD 180GB HD (both Special Edition), 1 Maxtor 120 GB SATA HD (8 mb cache)
Samsung DVD-CDR/W Combo Drive (SM-352B)
Pioneer DVDR/W +/- Drive (DVR-107D)

Docta_Z said:
aaand? How is it?

Let's see some results.

Welcome to the forums Cybrguy :)

It would be interesting to see if it could hold 1.625 at 2500 mhz... somehow I don't think it could but very interesting indeed.

Keep us updated. These new 2600-m's must be a good batch..

Back