• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My mod job (lots-o-pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sentential said:
Did you change the pix recentally? It looks alot better now for soem odd reason
LOL, nope, haven't touched the pics, just as long as they are not looking worse!! :cool:

threeme2189 said:
nice job....why dont you come over and help me mod the crap outa my cheapo cheasy case?
Haha, I guess I could go for a trip to Israel! :eek:

I like how it looks. Really, the only thing I would have changed would have been, use black bay covers in the front for the intake, or have silver colored optical's.

Keiron said:
I like how it looks. Really, the only thing I would have changed would have been, use black bay covers in the front for the intake, or have silver colored optical's.
Yeah, I actually really debated about painting them black to match the drives. But I ended up just cutting them to make sure everything fit ok and that it actually worked and I just never got around to painting them after I made it. I still have two more so I could still make a black one too;)

i would like to know what direction all your fans are facing on/in your case... i love it, it is an inspiration for a modder-to-be like me :clap: just let me know, thanks! ps, great job! :cool:

Thanks for all the comments guys!
For a little update I did manage to remove the piece of metal that was covering the "vent" on top of the case (where the handle is) so now it is a REAL vent (passive that is).
And to you EvilCloud, I actuall have all the fans as intake except for the one in the back which is exhaust. I figure the large vent on top will act as a regulator for all of the extra air going into the case **corsses fingers** But I do run all the intake fans at VERY low rpm because I don't like noise and the rear exhaust is running near full speed so it kindof equals out...

I'm not sure if you know, but I figure it's worth a shot: what's the best tool to cut plexiglass? I want to mod my computer window to have 2 120 mms.

i have a power supply with blue uv reactive windows and sleeving but have yet to take advantage of the glowing effect from UV light. what methods of uv lighting did you use and how much?

BTTB said:
I'm not sure if you know, but I figure it's worth a shot: what's the best tool to cut plexiglass? I want to mod my computer window to have 2 120 mms.
I'm not really sure what the best tool is. I used a tablesaw and it worked great but its not a very common tool. For a few extra dollars wherever you buy the plexiglass from should probably be able to cut out an exact size you need (given that you know the size ahead of time.
EDIT: OH, just realized you were talking about cutting holes. I would suggest then maybe a Jig Saw of some kind. Just go slow. The problem I had cutting the plexiglass that I had was that I would cut through it with the Jig Saw and then it would like melt back together behind the blade! :bang head
I'd say try a Jig Saw or some other kind of reciprocal saw and if that doesn't work maybe try a hole saw on a big drill or something :-/

Ir192 said:
I really like those fan blade guards, where did you get those at?
I got most of my stuff from www.performance-pcs.com and www.svc.com
Performance-pcs is a Great site with great products from great seller! Never had a single problem, he even gave me a free upgrade because one product was out of stock when I placed my order :attn:
THIS or THIS is like the one I got. I can't remember exactly where I got them from :-/

desolateincbus said:
i have a power supply with blue uv reactive windows and sleeving but have yet to take advantage of the glowing effect from UV light. what methods of uv lighting did you use and how much?
I used only used two of those little round UV-CCFL's that you screw right on to a fan. Something similar to THIS although thats not the one I got. If you want to go UV, I would suggest just getting a good CCFL tube rather than these cheapo fan grills because they don't really work that well. If you got one 12" or even one or two 6" CCFL and stuck it in there it would work best. I actually found that having two small lights rather than one big one is better because there are less shadowed areas so EVERY part of the wires glow:) Its not super bright in daylight, but turn off the lights and OOOHHHH AAAHHHH :beer:
I definately like the UV better than any other form of lighting.
The two blue fans are regular blue LED's and they do a good job at lighting up any dark shadowed areas that the UV lights don't get.

Last edited:
gvblake22 said:
EDIT: OH, just realized you were talking about cutting holes. I would suggest then maybe a Jig Saw of some kind. Just go slow. The problem I had cutting the plexiglass that I had was that I would cut through it with the Jig Saw and then it would like melt back together behind the blade! :bang head

I can relate to that, I borrowed a jigsaw from my neighbour, single speed, even with a fine toothed metal blade, the plexi kept melting together. My only option was to cut an inch, pull the jigsaw out fast, let the blade cool, cut another inch, ad-nausium. Variable speed jigsaw is the only way to go, I gotta get me one.

Back