• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My net has gone VERY slow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

I can't work this out.
I have my computers connected to a router.

Even when there isn't any other computers turned on. I can still only get a 100k connection out of a 576k connection.

It downloads at a maximum of 5kb/s in Limewire.

Pages often don't load and "time-out".
It's crap, sometimes my pc doesn't even want to connect to the router.
Why? It used to work fine?

Please help me rescue my connection!

PCGUY112887

Have you tryed powering down your router/computer/modem letting it sit for like 5min and plugging them all back in?

OP
Quattro

Quattro

No. Might that help it?
Does it get clogged up or something?

PCGUY112887

It may help it... sometimes routers/modems become unstable. Usually I power off everything, wait for a few min and connect my modem... as soon as it gets connected I power up my router... as soon as it gets connected I power up my PC.

Hope it works for ya. Also maybe there is something on your comp/network sucking bandwidth that you don't know about?

OP
Quattro

Quattro

I can't find it anywhere.

What might it be called?
It's a Belkin wireless 54mb/s card.

PCGUY112887

O wireless... that makes things a little different. Sorry but i'm not sure where you would find the duplex options for wireless. Maybe there could new interference with the signal? Can you take it to a friends house and test it?

Aside from that I dunno why it may be doing it... maybe something with your ISP. Give them a call and see if anyone else is having probs...

OP
Quattro

Quattro

I reinstalled the drivers and it seemed to have fixed it, or maybe it is just a coincidence.